EBay arghh!! ##$&&

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Thuggee, May 23, 2019.

1. Thuggee

Thuggee Practically Family

Long story short sold a practically brand new Eastman Jacket to a fellow who was being difficult from the start, thought the transaction over ( been close to a month ) receive a email last night saying the zipper on his jacket is now broken what am I going to do about it, the photos he sent show the zipper or part of the zipper completely broken off sounds like the whole zipper is buggered not just the zip pull, he’s claiming it may have been like that from the start he just never noticed? Think I’m over EBay, pics from the buyer, I should say positive feedbacks been left 20 days ago buyer was happy now it would appear he’s broken the zipper and wants me to pay for the repair, anyone know if they think EBay will side with him on this, should I give him a partial refund cut my losses,or dig in for a fight, I’ve already told the buyer that’s cleary not how it arrived and the damage appear to be of his own doing [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

A pair of pliers should fix that!

sweetfights and Thuggee like this.
  3. Thuggee

I think he’s saying the entire zipper is buggered not just the pull part, wants 70pound refund to have Eastman fix it ( that’s what they quoted to fix the issue), leaning towards telling him to pound sand

belfastboy, tweedydon and ton312 like this.
  4. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

If he already left you a positive the only thing left for him to do is go pound sand. These fuggn guys. Where do they come from?! There was a time when this hobby wasn’t infested with disease stricken assholes. But that time has passed.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  5. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

Zero your PayPal balance and contact eBay first before he does.

Coke20x, tweedydon, Edward and 4 others like this.
  6. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

That won’t matter. eBay is happy to throw your balance into the rears. But if he already left positive he’s done. Unless eBay has yet again changed their ever changing “rules”. No partial refund @Thuggee. This guy broke the zipper pull. I’ve done it and I didn’t go whining to the seller. If he can’t figure it out himself he should send you the jacket back and you should send him a set of plastic balls to strap on. But no exchange of money between you and the buyer. No f’ing way.

7. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

man, I really am curious to see the mugshot of people who do this, how these people look like

8. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Allow me to grant your wish. This kind of stuff just makes me blow my stack. Nothing but hate for this type of fool.
    8523B21A-F5FC-4FDE-9BFF-118590103401.jpeg

9. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Yes- for sure- Empty your paypal balance immediately. Great advice.

tweedydon and Thuggee like this.
  10. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Yeah but eBay will just throw it negative. They will bill you or hold any future surplus against that. I don’t think it matters in this case tbh. This buyer is just a turd with no recourse.

11. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

In over 400 sales I only had a problem with one. My balance was at zero but as soon as a dispute was opened my balance was negative until the issue was resolved in my favor.

sweetfights and Thuggee like this.
  12. regius

regius One Too Many

Ignore the buyer.

tweedydon, Monitor and Thuggee like this.
  13. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

You can tell PayPal to shove your negative balance and abandon the account if it comes to it. Might hurt your credit score.

But mostly ebay customer service is reasonable, and if you can show photos showing the item in good condition when you sent it, you'll probably be fine.

Edward and nick123 like this.
  14. Rich22

Rich22 One of the Regulars

I hope you’re fine, but eBay is a crapshoot. My old housemate sold his iPhone on eBay years ago, for about £400. Packed it when I was in the room with him in fact. Buyer claimed it had lots of missing components when he got it and sent photos as ‘proof’. Clearly a bullshit scam. My friend lost all his money because eBay sided against him because it was only one man’s word against another’s. Tried all avenues to get the money back with no joy! That nonsense scared me off selling on eBay.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  15. Rich22

Rich22 One of the Regulars

Might be worth mentioning my friend had only sold a couple of items before and of lesser value, so that likely counted against his trustworthiness. He was a broke student at the time so that £400 loss ($600+ back then) was quite a kick in the balls. Not cool.

16. Thuggee

If it arrived like that why leave good feedback, he’s cleary worn it for 20 days then gotten the zipper stuck or similar then buggered the whole thing trying to unzip it, these repo Talon zips have to be treated carefully from my experience when you zip and unzip them I’m going to assume this guy wasn’t careful and is now looking at me to fund the repair, the fact that he’s trying to imply it arrived faulty and “possibly he didn’t notice for 20 days” leaves me to believe which direction this will go, he was a nut job from the get go and it’s still going with this guy, I’ll close my EBay account cancel my credit card and PayPal account if I have to doesn’t bother me, EBay used to be ok for selling stuff it’s now a shit show for sellers.

17. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Who does this?

A large segment of the population, apparently. Sorry to hear Thugee. This extends beyond ebay. I think it falls into the spectra of water fluoridation and bad parenting.

tweedydon, AbbaDatDeHat, JMax and 2 others like this.
  18. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

In fact, the buyer bought the jacket is not new. What I see in the photo is just a trifle that can be fixed in a minute. I think if it comes to an argument, the eBay will be on your side. Or let him return the jacket. There is no guarantee that in 20 days he will demand compensation again.

19. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

20. Mich486

Mich486 Practically Family

These people with such a massive sense of entitlement (and dishonesty also) are the worst to deal with.

Sadly I believe even with a positive feedback the 60 days term to open a dispute still applies. I believe though you are in a strong position. This kind of damage can’t happen in transit. PayPal Seller protection should have your back.

My recent eBay nightmare was a customer pretending a return and refund due to the item not being as described (he was claiming that I dyed the trousers I sold him of a different colour myself which was absolutely not true). eBay resolved the case in his favour but he never sent the item back so I believe he got refunded by eBay and kept the item too. I kept the payment as well as you lose it only when the returned good reaches you. Still an unnecessary hassle for £30. The buyer has all the power on eBay.

ton312, navetsea and Monitor like this.