Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EBay arghh!! ##$&&

Thuggee

Practically Family
Long story short sold a practically brand new Eastman Jacket to a fellow who was being difficult from the start, thought the transaction over ( been close to a month ) receive a email last night saying the zipper on his jacket is now broken what am I going to do about it, the photos he sent show the zipper or part of the zipper completely broken off sounds like the whole zipper is buggered not just the zip pull, he’s claiming it may have been like that from the start he just never noticed? Think I’m over EBay, pics from the buyer, I should say positive feedbacks been left 20 days ago buyer was happy now it would appear he’s broken the zipper and wants me to pay for the repair, anyone know if they think EBay will side with him on this, should I give him a partial refund cut my losses,or dig in for a fight, I’ve already told the buyer that’s cleary not how it arrived and the damage appear to be of his own doing
56be97f75b3ea0e2aa2926f0dd7dc73d.jpg
cffc93e59a0a31771eae038f5331e6a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zero your PayPal balance and contact eBay first before he does.
That won’t matter. eBay is happy to throw your balance into the rears. But if he already left positive he’s done. Unless eBay has yet again changed their ever changing “rules”. No partial refund @Thuggee. This guy broke the zipper pull. I’ve done it and I didn’t go whining to the seller. If he can’t figure it out himself he should send you the jacket back and you should send him a set of plastic balls to strap on. But no exchange of money between you and the buyer. No f’ing way.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
You can tell PayPal to shove your negative balance and abandon the account if it comes to it. Might hurt your credit score.

But mostly ebay customer service is reasonable, and if you can show photos showing the item in good condition when you sent it, you'll probably be fine.

Rich22

Practically Family
I hope you’re fine, but eBay is a crapshoot. My old housemate sold his iPhone on eBay years ago, for about £400. Packed it when I was in the room with him in fact. Buyer claimed it had lots of missing components when he got it and sent photos as ‘proof’. Clearly a bullshit scam. My friend lost all his money because eBay sided against him because it was only one man’s word against another’s. Tried all avenues to get the money back with no joy! That nonsense scared me off selling on eBay.

Last edited:

Rich22

Practically Family
Might be worth mentioning my friend had only sold a couple of items before and of lesser value, so that likely counted against his trustworthiness. He was a broke student at the time so that £400 loss ($600+ back then) was quite a kick in the balls. Not cool.

Thuggee

Practically Family
You can tell PayPal to shove your negative balance and abandon the account if it comes to it. Might hurt your credit score.

But mostly ebay customer service is reasonable, and if you can show photos showing the item in good condition when you sent it, you'll probably be fine.

If it arrived like that why leave good feedback, he’s cleary worn it for 20 days then gotten the zipper stuck or similar then buggered the whole thing trying to unzip it, these repo Talon zips have to be treated carefully from my experience when you zip and unzip them I’m going to assume this guy wasn’t careful and is now looking at me to fund the repair, the fact that he’s trying to imply it arrived faulty and “possibly he didn’t notice for 20 days” leaves me to believe which direction this will go, he was a nut job from the get go and it’s still going with this guy, I’ll close my EBay account cancel my credit card and PayPal account if I have to doesn’t bother me, EBay used to be ok for selling stuff it’s now a shit show for sellers.

Bennarion

One Too Many
In fact, the buyer bought the jacket is not new. What I see in the photo is just a trifle that can be fixed in a minute. I think if it comes to an argument, the eBay will be on your side. Or let him return the jacket. There is no guarantee that in 20 days he will demand compensation again.

Mich486

One Too Many
These people with such a massive sense of entitlement (and dishonesty also) are the worst to deal with.

Sadly I believe even with a positive feedback the 60 days term to open a dispute still applies. I believe though you are in a strong position. This kind of damage can’t happen in transit. PayPal Seller protection should have your back.

My recent eBay nightmare was a customer pretending a return and refund due to the item not being as described (he was claiming that I dyed the trousers I sold him of a different colour myself which was absolutely not true). eBay resolved the case in his favour but he never sent the item back so I believe he got refunded by eBay and kept the item too. I kept the payment as well as you lose it only when the returned good reaches you. Still an unnecessary hassle for £30. The buyer has all the power on eBay.

Thuggee

Practically Family
These people with such a massive sense of entitlement (and dishonesty also) are the worst to deal with.

Sadly I believe even with a positive feedback the 60 days term to open a dispute still applies. I believe though you are in a strong position. This kind of damage can’t happen in transit. PayPal Seller protection should have your back.

My recent eBay nightmare was a customer pretending a return and refund due to the item not being as described (he was claiming that I dyed the trousers I sold him of a different colour myself which was absolutely not true). eBay resolved the case in his favour but he never sent the item back so I believe he got refunded by eBay and kept the item too. I kept the payment as well as you lose it only when the returned good reaches you. Still an unnecessary hassle for £30. The buyer has all the power on eBay.

I had one not long ago buyer bought a dark blue peacoat from me was worth only a few $ he complained it was black I said walk outside it’s dark blue , he then said it’s the wrong material I replied what do you mean? It’s sold as per description and clear photos of labels describing the peacoat material, I said if your not happy send it back , never heard from them again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB