Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Discussion in 'Hats' started by AlanC, Mar 24, 2008.

1. GuessWho...

GuessWho... New in Town

I really appreciate the heads up on that, as I was assuming that because of the rarity of the pine marten felt that would be enough to warrant the investment, but noticed it was still available, so i must be wrong. I might have a problem, as I still am thinking of buying it in order just to get an idea of the quality of pine marten and keep it as a reference, I wont though, as I have bought too many that are too tight accidentally to be able to justify doing on purpose. At least I keep telling myself that when I go back to look at it...lol.

belfastboy, deadlyhandsome and Blare like this.
  2. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  3. GuessWho...

GuessWho... New in Town

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265357371142?ViewItem=&item=265357371142

Listed as a Stetson Pinnacle Pure Beaver, but the seller did their own "research" to come to that conclusion...lol.

Editing to add info in order to more properly warn people away from the seller who can not claim ignorance, as I made an offer which they accepted then began to question their reaoning for claiming it to be a Pinnacle. They stated thet they did their own research and that was all they needed. I tried to point out in the gentlest way possible that they should not rely on their own research for any belief they currently hold without outside evidence if this was an example of their work, as they did bad research...

They canceled our agreed sale due to "item being lost or damaged" and then relisted it without changing a word....beware of this seller is my point, as they are proven to be untrustworthy.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Blare and deadlyhandsome like this.

4. I wonder what makes them think this is a Pinnacle? It’s a Stetson made by Biltmore in Canada…sure doesn’t look like the US made Pinnacle.

Blare likes this.
  5. GuessWho...

GuessWho... New in Town

I did keep asking what convinced them that it was a Pinnacle, and the response was that it looked like one. I asked what further evidence their "research" provided and their respoinse was just to offer three words....Google, Etsy, Ebay...

I did try to interact with them as if they were making an honest mistake, but can not see how that could be the case now.

Nuts, keep having to edit myself immediatly after posting...lol...Just wanted to change that last thought...there is no way they can claim a mistake now, as they are fully aware it is not a Pinnacle.

6. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Mallory Eight-Fifty. I'd never seen one before Screenshot_20211012-201106_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20211012-200757_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20211012-200709_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20211012-200632_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20211012-201032_Gallery.jpg

7. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

drmaxtejeda likes this.
  8. drmaxtejeda and Blare like this.
  9. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

drmaxtejeda, Blare and deadlyhandsome like this.
  10. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Thanks, Jim

11. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Thank you, Brent

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  12. alanfgag

alanfgag

Blare and Frunobulax like this.
  13. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Out for delivery today…

9D3171E2-F900-4B4F-A590-B0E444D0A37B.jpg 47CE430B-EA6B-4E69-AB0F-F469D665F54E.jpg

This was a serendipitous find. I did not expect to be in the running on this hat. I happened by chance to see an alert on my phone while I was waiting for my wife outside the ladies room and thought I would take a look. The auction was coming to an end and I quickly decided to throw in a “I’ll kick myself if I don’t” kinda bid… not expecting to compete. Much to my surprise I came as the high bidder at only a dollar more than the previous bid. Not sure if it was the Friday night ending or the rather high shipping price (which I had factored in) that kept it low. The seller then took it upon themself to refund some of the overpriced shipping without any mention on my part. Very grateful and looking forward to this Flagship coming into port.
    C01074FA-EBAD-4EDE-9D93-8A59417889C5.jpg 1DA95380-D54D-40DA-B3EB-EE110A2F680D.jpg 8BA143EE-C259-4399-B996-8F0D9FAF882B.jpg 06D4354E-5BBF-44EA-9A1C-CA2F1EC0616E.jpg

14. hatsRme

hatsRme

Another spectacular find!!

15. Louis Mountbatten

Louis Mountbatten One of the Regulars

I saw that Flagship. It looks like a nice one. Almost bid myself.

Blare and Just Daniel like this.
  16. Just Daniel

Just Daniel One Too Many

I’m so happy you won this one, what a great hat!

drmaxtejeda and Blare like this.
  17. Snowman

Snowman A-List Customer

Nice! I think I saw that one, but I knew I would not be able to wear it. Congrats on a great find.

Blare likes this.
  18. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

That is a beauty.

Blare likes this.
  19. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Thank you SO much guys! It arrived yesterday evening. To say I’m very pleased is an understatement. Going up on Post New Hats shortly.

287B5162-FE51-4B59-923E-ACF918883A02.gif

20. Rumad

Rumad One Too Many

Oh yes. Well done, sir.

Blare likes this.