Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edible People of the World!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
peopleoftheworld.jpg

I bought this for .50 from a yard sale. I think it's from the 40's. The package reads "Product of Italy. Manufactured by Dufour." Made of sugar, glucose, peeled almonds, arabic gum, starch of mais, egg albumen, artificial and natural colors.

I like that all of the people have a soft center. lol

zaika

One Too Many
i love those!! for some reason, i could see my grandmother owning something like that.

i wonder if they are edible?? not that i'm saying you should try...oh no...just curious. lol

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
zaika said:
i love those!! for some reason, i could see my grandmother owning something like that.

i wonder if they are edible?? not that i'm saying you should try...oh no...just curious. lol

I wonder. They don't look spoiled. Hmmmm

I liked them a lot because they reminded me, too, of something my grandmother would have had in her house. The lady I bought them from is very nice and sadly, needed to sell some things before she moved into assisted living. I thought it was sweet that she kept them all of these years. Maybe an old boyfriend gave them to her!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Miss Neecerie said:
They are marzipan....Marzipan is the invincible candy ...(of the devil)....

Of the devil??? Do I need to check to see if these move when I'm not looking? I see a Twilight Zone episode in this.

Ohhhh maybe if I eat one something will happen! Like, I get sick! Or...? lol

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:
Aw... how nice for you. You picked up Turkey in time for Thanksgiving.

That would be funny, to serve the tiny man of Turkey on a platter with stuffing at Thanksgiving. Almost as good as toast and popcorn served on a ping pong table!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Marzipan!

Ah! Marzipan! Yum! There used to be an entire shop that sold marzpan on E 86th St, as I recall. FOND memories! All colors, all shapes, all sizes.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not only people, but outlandish headgear!!
What doesn't say Stuckey's to me, come to think of it?. Did you know there is a Stuckey's knock-off? It has some name like Stuckey's. Duckey's? A traveller inadvertently bought me their pecan log once. (Family joke. I hate pecan log, and my dad remembered I had some strong feeling for it so it must have been that I loved it and would always buy me some on a trip, bless his heart.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana