Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Educate me oh wisened Loungers

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Mainly directed to Matt and Wild Root since I see you guys mention them the most.

Why do you like the pleated, yoked, and or belted backed suit? I must admit it's unique, and classy, but is there a practical reason? Comfort, fit maybe?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Daniel Riser

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Well, I'm not Joseph or Rob, but I believe its probably a matter of comfort, fit, and class. I mean, I myself like how the belted back jackets look, and I imagine they'd probably fit pretty well and be comfortable. :D

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Daniel, they are purely for the style!! Also, they are the rarest of vintage as they were most popular between 1935 & 45. this was the period when it was an hourglass form fitting shape.
Too cool!!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I'm with Art. They were style.

The half belt ads nothing to the suit but more fabric. the pleats do the same.

I do however believe that a jacket with a bi-swing back ads maneuverability, or at least makes it feel more roomy with the look of being fitted.

I just like the style.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
I think my biggest problem with them is I am cursed with the past "Indygear"mentality and it reminds me too much of Harry's jacket.

Time will change me.

Regards,

Daniel Riser

P.S. Art! It was an honour to meet you Saturday. Did you get my order for the hat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy