Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Email notification help!

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I didn't see a feedback forum, or help forum, so I'm posting here. Sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

I used to get email notifications when someone sent me a private message here (now called a coversation, it seems). I don't get to the Lounge often anymore, so without that I leave people hanging for weeks. I can't find an option to turn on email notifications for that. I found it for just about everything else, though.

Is this a feature that's gone away, or have I just not located it?

I didn't see a feedback forum, or help forum, so I'm posting here. Sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

I used to get email notifications when someone sent me a private message here (now called a coversation, it seems). I don't get to the Lounge often anymore, so without that I leave people hanging for weeks. I can't find an option to turn on email notifications for that. I found it for just about everything else, though.

Is this a feature that's gone away, or have I just not located it?

Not-Bogart13, click on your profile to open up your profile page. In the left hand column see "contact details" to set up your preferences.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Thank you. Found it. But now a new mystery. Email notifications were turned on, yet I am not getting them. I changed the email address to see if the issue was on my end. I wonder if i can I send myself a pm.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I sent you a PM. If you don't get it, let me know here, please. We'll get it sorted.
I am getting my email notifications, so the system is working OK.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Similarly, I am not clear under the new system how to reply if somebody starts a conversation with me. This happened to me just before Christmas and I could not see a reply button. I feel that I have been rude. Could somebody explain how it now works?
Otherwise all the changes to the site are working well.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
View media item 748
Reply button lower right, or just type in the "write your reply here" box.
I'm really sorry, but I'm having a lot of difficulty with this feature, although I used to use and enjoy the old PM system (any chance of having that back?).
Would it be possible for you to message me through the 'Conversation' system. Then I'll see if I can reply to you. ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112