Empire outlet

Discussion in 'Suits' started by sal, Dec 17, 2019.

1. sal

sal One of the Regulars

Does anyone have experience with this company.
    In the states it is difficult to find jackets with suede arm patches and I can order any jacket with the ability to have them added.
    Their tweeds look nice

thanks

2. Edward

Edward Bartender

They also advertise in the UK. I've not directly handled one. I wouldn't expect great things, given that they are offering them so cheap, but equally at that price for a basic, workaday suit it's not the end of the world if it doesn't last so long or something happens it. What killed any chance of me ordering from them is that they all appear to be 'fashion' cuts - too skinny for may tastes. I don't mind a narrowish lapel combined with a fifties, boxy cut jacket, but these are skinny all over. The trousers, though, are the real killer for me - too narrow in the legs, and while it's hard to tell entirely from the photos, they seem likely to be a modern style "mid-rise" waistband, markedly south of the natural waist. I've stopped trying to buy trousers that I'm not already certain of or can't try on first because skinny legs and low waists have become so ubiquitous.

3. tmal

tmal One of the Regulars

Edward, so right you are.

4. DaveProc

DaveProc Practically Family

I was happy with Hockerty. If you go into the advanced features you can get a normal fit for trousers with a higher rise, pleats or flat front and there are multiple jaket lapel shapes and widths and I believe you can get elboe patches. I wear mine to a job that will beat up an expensive suit, but for the price I am happy. If you use your phone you have to switch to advanced in thr design section or you will have limited slim for choices.

5. sal

sal One of the Regulars

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate your wisdom

6. DaveProc

DaveProc Practically Family

FB_IMG_1576634045018.jpg This is the suit I have from Hockerty

Fastuni likes this.