Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

//ENDED // 1940s Navy Blue Platform Slingbacks, approx. sz. 8

Sunny

One Too Many
These perfectly adorable shoes are my biggest ebay disappointment in several months. I bought them based on the insole length. Big lesson: If the shoes actually have a size on them, and it's smaller than the length indicates, they're not going to work for a larger size!

40617120_o.jpg

40617155_o.jpg

40617192_o.jpg

I have not yet verified the measurements given in the listing. (I will do so when I have access to them tonight.) I wear a perfect size 9M and these shoes fit at least a full size small on me. They are originally marked Size 8 1/2. They also (surprise!) fit a little narrow. The heel height isn't given in the listing, but at a guess it's 3-3.5"

This pair is one of the prettiest navy pairs I've seen, and I was especially thrilled with the white trim. I won them for $39 even (not counting shipping) and I'd like to get that back. If you can't go for that, make me another offer. ;)

SELLER'S ORIGINAL TEXT

These sexy vintage 1940s WWII era swing shoes are made of navy blue leather. They have a platform front with an open toe and double zigzag openings across the top with white accents. The heels are stacked with a sling back. The shoes were made by Qualcraft Delux.

These shoes are in really good shape for their age. They are soft and supple with no scuffs. they are clean inside and out. The bottoms have taps toe and heel and have quite a bit of wear left in them.

Size: 8.5AA

10 3/8" heel to toe

3" across the ball of the foot

END OF SELLER'S TEXT

Sunny

One Too Many
I measured last night. The insole is actually 10" to 10 1/8" - I don't know where the seller got 10 3/8"! And I do NOT think they're particularly narrow. I think they feel tight on me simply because my foot does not fit the shoe in the right place.

Sunny

One Too Many
I contacted the seller because of the discrepancy in measurements, and she's agreed (without acknowledging her error) to accept a return. Sorry to 'jump the gun' in listing these! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points