Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Creeping Past, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Merv

Merv Practically Family

Interesting - thanks for the info!

2. Merv

Merv Practically Family

Only $350? Boy, that's probably got the high end boot makers a little frightened, eh? Because they look incredible.

Bfd70 and Pandemic like this.
  3. Merv

Merv Practically Family

Another shot of my Flat Head boots from Self Edge...
    FlatHeadBoots.jpg

4. Blackadder

Blackadder My Mail is Forwarded Here

Just found out that lining will be added to the shaft only so it would have
    minimal impact on the sizing.

5. bikerpoizun

bikerpoizun New in Town

The strap over the vamp looks goofy on those.

6. Merv

Merv Practically Family

Isn’t that roughly where it is on most boots?

7. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

“Roughly” could be a pun!
    I’d say at most 1/4” low as average but different makers do seem to have different idea of where it belongs.

8. Merv

Merv Practically Family

Just got these off of Grailed, pretty cool boots!
    8268 redwings.jpg

9. born113

born113 One of the Regulars

I also do not like cheap buckles and other hardware on all clothes and shoes.
    Does anyone know where to find quality steel or titanium buckles for engineer boots?
    I will be very grateful for the hint.

Merv likes this.
  10. Merv

Merv Practically Family

I'd like to replace these cheap buckles with some nice brass ones. I don't know why RW didn't put brass buckles on these boots??

11. Edward

Edward Bartender

Good price, puts them right in there with Chippewa and Red Wing, at least per UK pricing, but they have a look that is quite different to the boots I have from either of those. My Chippewas are, from memory, an E, though I find they fit well. Where are these on sale? If I could try a pair in Beijing I'd definitely be well up for it.

For me, the real selling point of Wesco is the custom option where you can spec so much at a price less than OTR for some. I'd love to have some Wescos, but I feel the need to wait until I can try some on in the US to get an idea of their sizing and whether their patterns will work for me.

I suspect the high enders won't be too worried; no matter how good they are, I can't imagine the folks who are able and willing to spend a grand on a pair of Clinch, say, will suddenly want to save the money and buy these. Where they will, I think, find a market is among those of us who are happy spending the sort of money RedWings or Chippewas command, but would like something like this with the leather sole and a bit of a different shape. Would love to see these available here in the UK, though EBs seem to be very much a niche product these days.

12. Blackadder

The new batch won't be ready yet. I don't know if they would be sold OTC thru dealer but I doubt it. The designer is still doing it as a hobby. The designer is affiliated with Bronson so you can keep watch on Bronson's Taobao page.

I agree that they are not in direct competition with the high end makers but many of my fds who own expensive engineer boots including Clinch have placed their order for a pair of the Tea Core. It is still fulfilling to those shopaholics regardless and they don't have to pay that much. I am waiting for their orders to come in so I can try for size LOL.

Edward likes this.
  13. Edward

Edward Bartender

I'll be interested in your review. Bronson's stuff generally looks good; it's beginning to catch on a little in the West, but I'm still holding out for the extending their size range upwards. I'm losing a little weight as I go along, but I suspect I'll always need a size or two over their current top end to accommodate my swimmer's shoulders (and, er, whiskey barrel belly).

14. Blackadder

They are getting more and more international customers. They had some trouble with the reseller though. I may be able to pass along your request if you can give me your size.;)

15. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

I’ve had good luck with several Bronson tops but their denim sizing is waaaayoff.

16. Blackadder

I don't own any of their denim but the measurement of their pants seem pretty accurate. I wonder what went wrong.

17. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

To be clear, what I meant was they quote measurements for their pants. I ordered two pair. Each were 3-4 inches off in the waist.

18. jonbuilder

jonbuilder My Mail is Forwarded Here

It seems Harness boos are not seen as common as engineer boots.