Exit / Grail jacket just arrived from Genco Clothing Japan

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Robbie79, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Yes it does depend - but as you know I was talking about me - the one area wherein I am an expert.

Lebowski likes this.
  2. Edward

Edward Bartender

This thread has been somewhat pruned. Let's keep it on the right track or it will be shut down.

3. Edward

Edward Bartender

I like this one a lot. Definitely a statement piece and not one that will be for everyone, but I think it looks really cool. Nice to see something different once in a while. Fit s how I see the originals worn in photos - a little room on the shoulders, tight round the middle. c/f Brando (albeit a slightly different style) in The Wild One and the fit of his jacket when fully zipped.

I see what you're seeing - though both of those, the bellhop more directly, are ultimately derived from old military uniforms, which is what this design references more directly. I like that it's so full on, myself; its unusualness seems to have retained a sense of otherness, an edge, that the Perfecto style, for instance, lost long ago. I don't think I'd have one of these as an only-leather, but with quite a few under my belt, I'd love to have something like this for wearing when I didn't care about attracting attention.

Would look great with something like a Black Douglas, or a 30s Indian Scout.

I'm not seeing the issue with that...... but hey, since I was seventeen I've not had a passport where I didn't look like the photos they used to use on the news of provos on the run back in the 70s.... you could be worse off! ;)

Kuro and Lebowski like this.
  4. Lebowski

Lebowski This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.

Oh yes, those are iconic legends both!
    Have just seen 30s Indian today on Discovery Channel's "Salvage Hunters" series)
    P.S. "The World's Fastest Indian" is one of my favorite movies.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Edward likes this.
  5. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck My Mail is Forwarded Here

When I see this jscket I immediately think of Been Foster as Charlie Prince. To me, that's a good thing because not only do I love westerns and that film in particular (as well as Foster's incredible performance), I loved his look in this film, especially the jacket. Absolutely a statement piece and not forbeverfor , but if you can pull it off, it's difficult to look cooler.

Attached Files:

6. ton312

ton312

I love westerns too. Probably my favorite film genre. I’d personally love to see Django’s jacket recreated. Could be cool in leather but I’d really like to see it in wool (like the dreadnaught RMC stuff) or beach cloth.
    1E95AC4A-12D3-451E-8BA4-E184117246B6.jpeg

7. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I love a corduroy jacket. I think there have been some recreation of this and I'm pretty sure Magnoli does/did one.

8. Edward

Edward Bartender

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=2326

The Aero Rockafella isn't exactly the same, but its pretty damn close to aleather version of Django's jacket:

[​IMG]

9. dudewuttheheck

Oh hell yes. I would LOVE to see that jacket made in wool.

10. Lebowski

Lebowski This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.

Exactly!
    I love westerns and Django's jacket was absolutely cool as the whole Django's tough character, but this Been Foster's jacket is a real badass thing, thanks for your well illustrated comment!
    P.S. Robbie, you've done an absolutely superb purchase with your Freewheelers!

dudewuttheheck likes this.
  11. LeFonque

LeFonque One of the Regulars

8690FF63-B4CE-436B-9B57-AFCE2595C6C3.jpeg Here is mine. Waiting for the cooler weather.

Kuro, nick123, Colin G and 8 others like this.
  12. jonbuilder

jonbuilder My Mail is Forwarded Here

Leathertogs and than Buco J-31 made jacket along this style
    Both jackets have two front pockets either side of the breast panel and the Buco had two rear map pockets

LeFonque likes this.
  13. dudewuttheheck

Thanks! I think it works especially well because Charlie Prince is a villain and I remember reading an interview with the costume designer about how she thought it would be so unique to dress the most cold hearted and bloodthirsty villain in the movie in white in contrast the main villain incsll black who actually isn't as evil as Charlie who wears white. Even the costume designer gets into the symbolism of the film and I just love that.

@LeFonque killer jacket! Fits you perfectly and you wear it extremely well.

nick123, Lebowski and LeFonque like this.