Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Extraordinary Panama: 26 WPSI Montecristi Semi-calado, XL

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I picked this up a little over a year ago from a shop in Ecuador. I have only ever worn it for pictures and have resisted the temptation to add a leather sweat, ribbon/pug or steam to fold down the front brim because I wasn't sure if I'd keep it for life or not.... so I've decided to sell this little treasure. It's the most beautiful semi-calado (ventilated) Ecuadorian straw I've ever seen. The pattern of the open work, the 26 x26 wpsi on the brim, tighter weave on the crown, the wide brim all just add up to an incredibly stylish hot weather lid.

The story on the hat is kind of romantic, a tribute or memorial to the weaver and a lifetime friend, thus, Aspiaza y Eduardo.

It's listed as a size XL, which fits me pretty well and should have room for a leather sweat if someone wants to add one in the future. My head runs 23-3/8", which is a loose 7-3/8 (59cm) or a tighter 7-1/2 (60cm).

I have $800 in this so that's what I'll list it for today, plus about $25 shipping and insurance to your U.S. destination. I'll be out running around this a.m., but will check messages from my stupid smart phone.

Thanks for looking, and your consideration as the next custodian of this fine piece.

i-DhcJVGr-X2.jpg

i-L8FP9zM-X2.jpg

i-kSP9KF4-X2.jpg

i-n79d4nj-X2.jpg

i-29GM2Hr-X2.jpg

i-RpPRLbd-X2.jpg

i-FpNk9Wq-X2.jpg

i-j8j3vZw-X2.jpg

Last edited:

RJR

I picked this up a little over a year ago from a shop in Ecuador. I have only ever worn it for pictures and have resisted the temptation to add a leather sweat, ribbon/pug or steam to fold down the front brim because I wasn't sure if I'd keep it for life or not.... so I've decided to sell this little treasure. It's the most beautiful semi-calado (ventilated) Ecuadorian straw I've ever seen. The pattern of the open work, the 26 wpsi on the brim, tighter weave on the crown, the wide brim all just add up to an incredibly stylish hot weather lid.

The story on the hat is kind of romantic, a tribute or memorial to the weaver and a lifetime friend, thus, Aspiaza y Eduardo.

It's listed as a size XL, which fits me pretty well and should have room for a leather sweat if someone wants to add one in the future. My head runs 23-3/8", which is a loose 7-3/8 (59cm) or a tighter 7-1/2 (60cm).

I have $800 in this so that's what I'll list it for today, plus about $25 shipping and insurance to your U.S. destination. I'll be out running around this a.m., but will check messages from my stupid smart phone.

Thanks for looking, and your consideration as the next custodian of this fine piece.

i-DhcJVGr-X2.jpg

i-L8FP9zM-X2.jpg

i-kSP9KF4-X2.jpg

i-n79d4nj-X2.jpg

i-29GM2Hr-X2.jpg

i-RpPRLbd-X2.jpg

i-FpNk9Wq-X2.jpg

i-j8j3vZw-X2.jpg
Beautiful;one of a kind.

Tukwila

I put on a loose pug to see how it looks.... definitely needs a thin ribbon or maybe a 1" Playboy style ribbon so as not to cover up that fret work.

I forgot how well the wind blows right through the ventilated crown to keep your head cool with these semi-calados. Perfect hot weather lid.

i-brLJPq6-X2.jpg

i-qDNGwN2-X2.jpg

Last edited:

Tukwila

One last price reduction before I send this off to be customized for myself. I can lower this a bit more, but not going to give it away. You don't see nice semi-calado Panama hats like this very often.

Shipped insured to your lower 48/USA address, $699.

Thanks for looking, gents. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points