Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eye brow help

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
I am not into useing $$ cosmetics, both mom and my grandma's used revlon, loreal etc.. and looked gorgeous!
anyway, i'm having some eye brow difficulties lately.. the pencil type ends up getting crumbly and the powder type w/ sponge applicator looks too fake.
my natural brow color is dark brown

advice?

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
I got a lovely little pallette from eyes lips and face, cheap as chips with two colours, a setting gel, a brush all in a little compact with a mirror. Or find an eyeshadow that matches your brow hair and use a damp fine brush to paint them in. ;)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Oh i have been meaning to try some of the elf stuff as i've heard its good for cheapo makeup. I have very sparse eyebrows, so i just use a damp brush and a dark brown eyeshadow and that works a treat, i can't get on with pencils at all.

Drappa

One Too Many
I had that problem for years, mainly that brow pencils I tried looked weird and partially came off by the end of the day.
For my wedding I bought Estee Lauder brow perfecting duo http://www.esteelauder.co.uk/templates/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT20968&PRODUCT_ID=PROD89443 in brunette.

It's pricey, but I have had mine over 2 years and it's still 1/3 full with daily use. My mom loved it so much she asked me to get her one as well, and she never wears any make-up at all, except this.

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Benefit

Hi all,

I have a lovely set from Benefit:

http://www.boots.com/en/Benefit-Browzing_857046/

It's not cheap, cheap (I bought it as a treat) but it lasts for ages and ages and it's the best thing I've ever used for my eyebrows as I'm very fair and have a patch missing and white hairs on one eyebrow!

I use the wax then the setting powder if I'm doing full make-up for a night out etc. or just the powder to fill them in for day-to-day make-up.

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
Miss sofia said:
Oh i have been meaning to try some of the elf stuff as i've heard its good for cheapo makeup. I have very sparse eyebrows, so i just use a damp brush and a dark brown eyeshadow and that works a treat, i can't get on with pencils at all.

yeh you can't go wrong at those prices IMO :D

But, tell a lie, I just went looking for it and it's from wet n wild, another cheapy make up store. Sorry! :eek:

Site seems to be down :(

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
I currently use a medium-brown eyeshadow and apply it with a brow brush from Sonia Kashuk.

I've heard good things about the Sonia Kashuk "arch alert" kit (and eyebrow waxes in general), but it was out of stock every time I went to my local Target. So I've just been using my eyeshadow, and it seems to work well.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Ada Vice said:
yeh you can't go wrong at those prices IMO :D

But, tell a lie, I just went looking for it and it's from wet n wild, another cheapy make up store. Sorry! :eek:

Site seems to be down :(
No probs, i like the sound of that better!:) Thanks hun, will have a scout about for some next time i hit the shops!

jillybeanlynn

Familiar Face
I was experimenting for a while with eyebrows and how to get them looking good but natural and found three important things:

1. proper tonality in the shadow used
2. use a natural-haired angled brush
3. get as finely milled a powder shadow as you can

I use MAC Mystery shadow and I have black hair. While $14.50 seems a bit much for a an eyeshadow, I use it daily for my eyebrows and often as a regular shadow. I figure that's worth a bit of a splurge.

MAC has tons of eyeshadow shades so it may be worth it to go there for a consult and see if they have a brown that would go well for use on you.

I hated using pencils. It always looked fake on me no matter the formulation.

Tatum

Practically Family
fortworthgal said:
I use the Sonia Kashuk "arch alert" kit from Target. $10 and it comes with 4 colors of wax to match your shade - so it fills in and provides some control at the same time - and 2 brushes. I find that the waxes apply lighter than they look in the package, so the colors should work for almost everyone. I'm very happy with it.

http://www.target.com/Sonia-Kashuk-Brow-Alert-Palette/dp/B000G1C8CQ

I just bought this yesterday at your recommendation, and oh my gosh, it is wonderful! I have the "too light" brow issue, and this really makes it easy to have darker, pretty eyebrows! Thanks, fortworthgal!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Is there an official eyebrow thread? Couldn't find it if so.
tumblr_lg02zdzGeC1qa08u6o1_400.jpg

http://****yeahmodernflapper.tumblr.com

Bombshell Becca

One of the Regulars
I was using the elf eyebrow kit before I lightened/ put red in my hair & I LOVED it! They also have a eyebrow treat & tame that is good but none of the shades were right on me but they worked fab on my Mom. Now I'm using NYX eyebrow cake powder because it is one of the ONLY eyebrow products I have found that carry a decent shade of red.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I have been using cheap CG pencils. I don't mind using pencils but I have a hard time finding the right shade. My hair is dark blond to light brown and everything I've tried is either too dark or too orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana