F/S - Heavy VANSON “double rider” variant PJ27 SZ-44

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Fiver64, Apr 8, 2021 at 1:18 AM.

1. Fiver64

Fiver64 A-List Customer

This is a catch and release that hurts to let go, but it’s just a little too tight. This is a special order only item from VANSON. It’s a very close copy of the famous Buco PJ27 in heavy duty steerhide. Very little use, all brass hardware, excellent clean shape. No funky odors or stains. Please check the measurements as this seems to run a tad small, unless you like skin-tight jackets. I’d recommend this more for someone around a 42, to allow for layering. Has the nice long zippered sleeves that we like when riding, and the waist-length cut doesn’t ride up when you sit. New they run around $750 (custom orders for this model) but I’m asking $350 shipped CONUS (via PP F&F) to cover my costs. This is their competition weight leather, tough as snot, and not even broken in yet! If anyone has the same jacket in a 46-48 (Vanson or LW) and wants to work a trade, PM me! Thanks for looking.

MEASUREMENTS:
    CHEST - 23”
    SLEEVE - 27”
    SHOULDER - 19”
    LENGTH (from base collar down) - 23.75”
    WAIST (at hem) - 22”

Attached Files:

AeroFan_07, JMax and Yamahana like this.
  2. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Practically Family

holy moly!!! This is killer. I'm not a big action back guy, otherwise I would have hit buy in 2 secs. Really, really nice.

3. Fiver64

Fiver64 A-List Customer

Thank you! I have never found another one on the web. Vanson does not show it in their lineup anymore.

4. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Nice !! Wish I had longer arms. GLWS

5. Fiver64

Fiver64 A-List Customer

If you ride, the extra arm length gets taken up when you extend your arms. Plus the zip sleeves keep it above your hand.

6. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

Fiver can you gauge the weight and quality of the comp steer. I had an older Vanson comp sport rider jacket beautiful leather and then I heard disappoints of some of the recent Vanson comp steer. From what I read Vanson has been getting better comp recently more like the older stuff. Do you have the means to weigh the jacket
    The only other thing holding me back is the sleeve length but I wore 27 sleeves

TREEMAN likes this.
  7. Fiver64

Fiver64 A-List Customer

Hi Jon, Weighing the jacket on my old postal (non-digital) scale, it comes in just shy of 7 lbs. Having had numerous Vansons over the years, I do know what you mean about some leather not being up to snuff and sort of pebble-grained. However, as I'm not the original purchaser of this jacket, I'm not sure of the exact age. Comparing the hide finish and sheen, as well as the overall feel, against a 15 year old steerhide Aero Highwayman, I would say that this is only a hair thinner, but certainly NOT the "plastic-like" finish that some of their more recent mid-weight "firenze" feels. It feels solid and substantial. I hope that helps! Feel free to ask more and I'll do what I can to answer.

Having held a couple original Buco jackets, I was drawn to this because I feel that Vanson really tried to do justice to the originals, albeit not horsehide. Reminds me of what "storse" has been described. It just was too rare of a find to not take a chance. Kills me that it's just a little too tight across the back for me.

jonbuilder likes this.
  8. Fiver64

Fiver64 A-List Customer

I do think that this was intended to be police motors-used. I rode motors for about 6 years, and true "CHP" jackets are much heavier than most civilian market police jackets, which are really only street patrol jackets, and much thinner since road rash and weather isn't as much of an issue. This is heavy, both in leather and hardware.

jonbuilder and JMax like this.
  9. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Practically Family

you can send the ID number to Vanson and they'll date it. Should be on the pull tab or worst case check the inside pocket liner.

10. Fiver64

Fiver64 A-List Customer

Thx! I'll do that right now.

11. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Odd measurements .. almost square shape. Have any fit pics ?

12. Fiver64

Fiver64 A-List Customer

Here you go Treeman! I,m no expert on jacket construction, but I’d guess that, absent an action/biswing back, the chest measurement needs to be larger to accommodate arms-forward movement. Just for reference, I’m 6’ and 215 lbs.

Attached Files:

JMax likes this.
  13. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Actually it looks good on you ...

14. Fiver64

Fiver64 A-List Customer

Thx. It’s pretty good fit until I move my arms forward. Then it pulls against the center of the back. I think a 46 would fit better. Checking with VANSON to see how much a 46 would run me.

15. Fiver64

Fiver64 A-List Customer

On hold....