Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F/S John Chapman GOODWEAR B-6 shearling, size 46

Fiver64

Practically Family
Clean and near mint condition GOODWEAR B-6 USAAF shearling jacket. I don’t need to expound on Chapman’s quality or attention to detail. This is an uncommon variant maker ARNOFF SHOE that has the side straps rather than the snaps. IMHO it’s a better design and a bit more like a B-3. There is no damage of any kind, normal light wear that you’d expect from being worn at all, very clean only worn maybe a dozen times. Just has been hanging in my closet and needs a home where it will see more use.

Measurements:
Sleeve - 24” (measured straight)
Back Length - 26” ( from base of collar down)
Bottom Hem 23.5” (with side straps fully open)
Pit-to-Pit 25” (laid flat)
Shoulders - 24” (from seam edge to edge)

I’m 6’1” and 220 lbs., with long arms.

Although the shoulder measurement seems large, it doesn’t wear that way. The points of the shoulders tend to right lower, extending the sleeve length a bit, as you can see in the wear pics. It’s comfy, warm and not bulky like the B-3. Please feel free to ask questions! COST IS $875 SHIPPED CONUS. I will ship to some international countries (my discretion) with buyer paying all shipping costs.

Attachments

• IMG_1163.jpeg
    IMG_1163.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1165.jpeg
    IMG_1165.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1166.jpeg
    IMG_1166.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1178.jpeg
    IMG_1178.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1168.jpeg
    IMG_1168.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1167.jpeg
    IMG_1167.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1182.jpeg
    IMG_1182.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1181.jpeg
    IMG_1181.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1179.jpeg
    IMG_1179.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1180.jpeg
    IMG_1180.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 159

Fiver64

Practically Family
I think the shoulder measurements throw off most people. But as you can see, it wears very comfortably in the shoulders with the seams riding lower. It really is a nice jacket. Wish I had more cold weather to wear it!

Bewear88

New in Town
How does this fit compared to the aero half belt? I am more familiar with the aero, so can get a helpful point of reference. Thanks. Beautiful jacket, but as you say unusual measurements.

Fiver64

Practically Family
Not really apples to apples comparison. The Aero is tapered and more tailored fit. The B-6 has a more relaxed fit, almost like a sack coat. Better movement with the B-6 especially in the arms and shoulders. The aero looks like a dressier car jacket while the B-6 was designed to keep folks warm over layers. Not sure if that helps!

Bewear88

New in Town
Sorry wasn’t clear - I guess I mean both jackets fit you well (they seem to in fit pics) - if that’s right I am hoping if the half belt would work for me the b6 would too! I think the aero might be a bit big but I’ll double check measurement on the ones I have.

Fiver64

Practically Family
Ah, got it. Both fit well as you can see, but the B-6 is looser fit which is why it moves better, and it leaves room for layering. The sleeves on both are the same length on the arm, but the way the b-6 is cut has the shoulder seam sloping down past the point of the shoulder. In Short, I find the B-6 more comfortable to wear but obviously not as dressy. See photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 103

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner