Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fall '07 Trunk Show.

Marty M.

Vendor
Every year we have our annual Fall Trunk show. This is a monster event for us. We hold this towards the end of September. It's a great two day preview for our customers to see what we'll be offering for the upcoming fall season. At this event we bring in a few of our vendors to help us work with our customers. We generally get about 150 - 200 people over the two day period. So I really need the help and wisdom of the people that make our clothes (Vendors).
A client and pal of mine snapped a few pics from the show. I thought that I would share a few with you. Maybe we could do a Fedora Lounge Trunk Show? Thanks for viewing.
Marty Mathis

DSC_0684.jpg

Welcome to the show.

DSC_0672.jpg

Vendor Peter Roberti from Adrain Jules of New York (they make our custom suits), myself (the back of me) and a customer going over a few details of his order.

DSC_0677.jpg

Vendor Guy Milinazzo from Gladson Fabrics (I buy most of our fabrics from Gladson. They import from Italy and England) and customers reviewing their fabric choices.

DSC_0667.jpg

A very tired Haberdasher (I get very little sleep for two months leading up to the show) and Mr. Milinazzo going over fabric orders for a few of our customers.

DSC_0666.jpg

Our Trunk Show wouldn't be complete without my good friend Greg Varner of Excelsior Vintage Wines, there to tend our bar. You'll note that Oceans Eleven is playing behind our bar on the plasma. And the brains and beauty at our shop is my lovely wife Judy.

DSC_0673.jpg

Vendor Mitch Gambert of Mel Gambert Custom Shirts and vendor Valentina helping a customer pick out some new shirts.

DSC_0668.jpg

Our trunk shows have been known to be a great place to network with others (and get free wine).

DSC_0671.jpg

My pal Varner holding court with a customer and my beautiful wife, on the finer wines of the world.

I hope that you enjoyed this small tour of our Trunk Show.
Marty

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Thanks so much for sharing these, Marty. That looks like THE event to attend. Does the local Chamber of Commerce show up to learn how this stuff is done?

Also, let me say that Mrs. Marty is indeed very beautiful. The shop, the clothes, the lovely partner - you kind of have life by the shorts, eh? :)

nobodyspecial

Practically Family
Keep us posted on this year's date Marty, it looks like fun. Almost makes me wish I had to still dress up for work. That said my wardrobe could use a facelift.

You did indeed marry well.

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Dang, Mr. Mathis...

You are a man of many parts! Good job, Bro'!:eusa_clap
I'm envious, but in a good way!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WOW Marty - I wish we lived closer! I would drag my husband out to see you. And what a great store. Just stunning. And I agree with the gents above me, your wife is very beautiful. :)

Was it a good event for you?

Vintage Betty

Marty M.

Vendor
Thanks.

Thanks to all for your nice comments. That's a good idea about the Chamber Scotrace. As our website is being developed, we're talking about having video venues on our site. Our trunk shows would be one of the venues.

It was a very successful event for us, thanks for asking VB. And DPDiva, you do need to stop over. Maybe we'll have a Mpls Fedora Lounge party here at the shop ;) .
Marty

CharlesB

Suspended
Marty M. said:
Thanks to all for your nice comments. That's a good idea about the Chamber Scotrace. As our website is being developed, we're talking about having video venues on our site. Our trunk shows would be one of the venues.

It was a very successful event for us, thanks for asking VB. And DPDiva, you do need to stop over. Maybe we'll have a Mpls Fedora Lounge party here at the shop ;) .
Marty
gorgeous shop. One day I'll get out there to see it in person

Marty M.

Vendor
Matt Deckard said:
Why didn't I get an invite Marty?
keep me posted i'll make the time. Besides it's time we had a meet up near you.

Hey, I like that idea Matt. I'd love to have you over.

CB, that's just a temp thing while we work on our site. Should be this Spring.

IOF, you're the best. Thanks.
Marty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana