Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Forum Member Jacket

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I've actually wanted to make this thread for a while thanks to being inspired by @Superfluous's thread about other jackets and more specifically, by the jacket that is so obviously my pick (and many other people's as well).

@A-1 has the best jacket on the forum by far IMO. I'm not a huge DD fan, but the hide, the style of jacket, and most importantly, the wear that he has put into his jacket in such a short time make it look better than most jackets that people have for decades.
4Ieoime.jpg

Anyone else have a jacket that you specifically love even if it isn't one you would buy yourself?
(has to be a forum member)

Hard to top that one!
I've always loved Butte's Ventura, and Casechopper's Californian he got from TMitchell (whose whole collection is enviable).
There are some others: SierraCharriba's Aero 30s HB, Bretron's Norshor D-pocket, Fanch's goodwear/Himel, and most recently the Chevalier as worn by Mysterio.
Rabbit's collection of vintage jackets is also superb.

Last edited:
Man that's a tough call... impossible for me. I love A-1's DD jacket, HM's Thedi, Worfs Barnstormer, Benny's sunburst, your Himmel, Sf's Himmel(s), Ivan's Confedi, El marro's lang, JJ's CHP, Case's DD and LW, PN's everything, dan_t's sheene, and everything from TM and Michael. Mysteryos cross-zips. Fanch and his sheene(s). Nicks Schott. Butte's JC. Carlos's SB and Aero Trojan. Man et all. I apologize if I left anything/anyone (and I'm sure I did) out. I'm agnostic. I love ALL this stuff. Don't think I could actually narrow down a fav.
I dig all these jackets and would have a hard time actually picking ONE favorite. It's like saying which do you prefer, bacon or bacon. :)

Last edited:

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Man that's a tough call... impossible for me. I love A-1's DD jacket, HM's Thedi, Worfs Barnstormer, Benny's sunburst, your Himmel, Sf's Himmel(s), Ivan's Confedi, El marro's lang, JJ's CHP, Case's DD and LW, PN's everything, dan_t's sheene, and everything from TM and Michael. Mysteryos cross-zips. Fanch and his sheene(s). Nicks Schott. Carlos's SB and Aero Trojan. Man et all. I apologize if I left anything/anyone (and I'm sure I did) out. I'm agnostic. I love ALL this stuff. Don't think I could actually narrow down a fav.
I dig all these jackets and would have a hard time actually picking ONE favorite. It's like saying which do you prefer, bacon or bacon. :)
That's the best analogy I've ever heard.

Picking a jacket itself would be impossible for me as well. A-1 makes it easy because of the abuse he has put his jacket through!
Otherwise, there would be too many Thedi, Goodwear, Himel, etc jackets to choose from!

That's the best analogy I've ever heard.

Picking a jacket itself would be impossible for me as well. A-1 makes it easy because of the abuse he has put his jacket through!
Otherwise, there would be too many Thedi, Goodwear, Himel, etc jackets to choose from!
The beauty of this place is the variety of styles, new and old that just make you appreciate these things. TBH I couldn't even tell you which jacket of my own I like the best. You'd get a different answer everyday of the week. Maybe even the same day:confused:

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
The beauty of this place is the variety of styles, new and old that just make you appreciate these things. TBH I couldn't even tell you which jacket of my own I like the best. You'd get a different answer everyday of the week. Maybe even the same day:confused:
True. People post new and awesome stuff all the time, which is pretty cool. I remember when we started seeing all the epic Thedi jackets pop here and I was blown away.

A-1

One Too Many
I've actually wanted to make this thread for a while thanks to being inspired by @Superfluous's thread about other jackets and more specifically, by the jacket that is so obviously my pick (and many other people's as well).

@A-1 has the best jacket on the forum by far IMO. I'm not a huge DD fan, but the hide, the style of jacket, and most importantly, the wear that he has put into his jacket in such a short time make it look better than most jackets that people have for decades.
4Ieoime.jpg

Anyone else have a jacket that you specifically love even if it isn't one you would buy yourself?
(has to be a forum member)

Wow man, thank you so much!!! Really, much obliged for the kind words!

When everything's collapsing, trust the kids!
- www.zekimin.com -

Oh yeah, Ton's Llad Leathers jacket. ;) And Cooperson's premier Aero HB.,
Witchtrips Hywymn...
LOL. I forgot about the Llad!! That sucka hit the trail!! And a 2nd on Cooperson's HB. I might add all of Techno's CR's.
And griff de la griffs Aero CR in aged tan.
And of course HD's BL.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Ton's Johnson Leather jacket, Casechoppers Grizzly, TMitchells Horsehide Mouton Collar Barnstormer, Davs Aero Cheyenne, Fanchs Sheene first come to my mind, but there is way too many terrific jackets around here to name a favourite and I could continue to list names and jackets all day. In fact it feels wrong naming these specific people and their jackets because once you start it, you feel obligated to not to leave anyone out. Please don't take offence if you were not one of these first names that jumped into my mind right there, I most likely liked your jacket just as much at the time, these are just the ones from most recent memory.

Ton's Johnson Leather jacket, Casechoppers Grizzly, TMitchells Horsehide Mouton Collar Barnstormer, Davs Aero Cheyenne, Fanchs Sheene first come to my mind, but there is way too many terrific jackets around here to name a favourite and I could continue to list names and jackets all day. In fact it feels wrong naming these specific people and their jackets because once you start it, you feel obligated to not to leave anyone out. Please don't take offence if you were not one of these first names that jumped into my mind right there, I most likely liked your jacket just as much at the time, these are just the ones from most recent memory.
I agree. The lesson here is that if you posted a jacket here on TFL and you go on vacation....you'd better hope I'm not in your neighborhood:D. Just far too many splendid jackets to even begin to acknowledge!

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ton's Cordovan Bootlegger was my favorite jacket for a long time, until I got one of my own! I also dig everything I've seen from Carlos840 and a BluesforChallah. Americanaaa Mark's brand new Himel is off the charts. Too many good jackets to count!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man what a hard call! All of the above-mentioned at least . . . too many to choose from! I have to add Wilbur's (OneTerrificHog's) two-tone BL and there was another D-pocket he posted a while back (was it a Lost Worlds?) and Sloan's Aero A2 is a beaut as well. Bretron's Norshor used to be my all-time fave but so many of you guys have posted awesome jackets here since he first posted pics of it that I couldn't choose anymore.

Reactions: A-1

nick123

I'll Lock Up
TMitchell's Poncho Barnes GW/Arcadias
Butte's Ventura
Andrew S's whole collection
Brettafett's A-2s that he's sold over the years
Worf's green jacket/GW A-1
Atticus Finch's A-1 (the guitar in hand pic)
Sloan's Aero Irvin
Stand By's customized Aero AN-J-3
Persimmon's BK Aero A-2
Jeff M's Diamond Bucos/Norshors
JLStorm's Johnson Leathers bison jacket he unwrapped for Christmas that one year.
Anyone who has purchased a Grizzly
Handymike's shag jacket

WAY more I'm forgetting, esp. recent examples, but those are classic jackets that always pop into my mind!

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
I think of all the jackets here - and I think it comes down to seeing one that makes you think "Damn. Now I want that for myself!!!"
Sloan's A2 with those great caramel knits ... and Cole's Aero A2 is a winner too.
John Lever's older issue ELC ANJ-4. I wish it was mine.
Monitor's black Lewis Leathers motorcycle jacket that he got for a song off some unsuspecting someone. What a score. Lucky him.
Hypoxic's US Authentic USN G-8 was a real surprise to me and looks simply wonderful.
RADZ108's Aero D-1 in seal w/ russet trim (on page 49! Just been searching for it to make sure of his name. Found him. Thank God for that!) still sticks out in my mind.

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Changes from day to day. Once upon a time I would not be seen dead in anything but an A2, original or copy. Now I'm not so fussy but what I pick is usually the jacket I wear for that period, and it can last a day or a week.
Yes I like other peoples items but I like my own choices most of all though this is what I wore through most of the winter.
Aero Thunderbay(with special details)
DSC_0008%202_zpscfvsdtvr.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112