Favorite Motorcycle Riding Jackets In Your Collection

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by HoosierDaddy, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Bunyip

Bunyip Call Me a Cab

I've just posted this in a different thread, I have 2. My new Langlitz in goat, and my Aero King of the Road in FQHH. Both very different, but both outstanding.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

ton312 likes this.
  2. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

impressive jackets everyone :)

I like collarless jackets, the tan is sheep with padded lining modified from touring vent jacket model, and the black is heavy cow of my own design.
    my-jacket-moto.jpg

3. el_gato

el_gato Familiar Face

That black one is the cats meow!

navetsea likes this.
  4. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Familiar Face

check out Northstar Leather: http://www.nstarleather.com/optimizer/category/Horween.html#.VP2sC44gIdU

I recently bought a navy cxl business card case and I think it's well made for the price. I guess the owner sources his cxl leather from Alden and buys them as scrap. His prices are very competitive too.

here's a couple of pics of my navy cxl business card case:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I actually like my Northstar Leather wallet better than my navy shell cordovan front pocket wallet from Ashland Leather. For some reason my shell wallet from Ashland came with raw edges and the stitching was weird. I've posted a pic below of my Ashland shell wallet. the unfinished edge looks a little sloppy and I'm not sure I like the raw edges. Northstar Leather at least emailed me and asked me if I wanted edge paint on mine. I'm not saying Ashland makes an inferior product, I just wasn't blown away by the craftsmanship. It looks as though they simply slapped two pieces of shell cordovan together and called it a day.

[​IMG]

5. Jaxworx

Jaxworx Familiar Face

Bunyip likes this.
  6. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Just watching BBC4 doc on Mods and Rockers, and was intrigued about the suggested origins of jacket studding as a way of making motorists aware of the biker by reflecting the headlights. Opinions? Interestingly, one ageing biker pointed out that when people went sliding along the tarmac, the studs would heat up and leave the wearer with dozens of 'cigarette burns'.

Bunyip and navetsea like this.
  7. ton312

ton312

IMG_8490.PNG FullSizeRender.jpg

I love my Vansons and LW for on and off the bike use. Essentially the same jacket...

8. ton312

ton312

THAT LANGLITZ IS AWESOME!

9. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

I don't like collars too much on a MC jacket either :)

photo (13).JPG

10. Mysteryo

Mysteryo One Too Many

Hi Ton, I guess it's you I bought a Lost Word J-23, in nov 2013. It's one of my favorite jackets for winter ride, solid and warm!
    Is that a Vanson you posted , side of your Lost Worlds j-23? Very nice too

ton312 likes this.
  11. Damo

Damo A-List Customer

Is the j-23 the d pocket?

Also are those black or dark brown?

What vanson model is that?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  12. ton312

ton312

The d pocket is the LW. A phenomenon of a jacket but for whatever reason I always reached for my Vanson first when I needed a leather to ride in. Both are black. Just a straight model e, highwayman. I couldn't justify keeping the LW but somehow could justify purchasing three model e's.

13. ton312

ton312

Glad to hear it! Yes that is a Vanson. Unmodified model E

14. rocketeer

rocketeer Call Me a Cab

I would think you want pics of vintage style jacket. But hey ho you asked the question, and to prove I ride. Yes this is my favourite riding jacket. GoGo Power Rangers. It's a Dainese.
    Pic by Matt Birch.

SCAN0003.jpg

15. Damo

Damo A-List Customer

Thanks for the reply. I really like the vanson highwayman. That is one sharp looking jacket!! Looks great on you.

16. ton312

ton312

Thanks Damo. I don't know why but I always reach for my Vansons first. The LW is a perfect jacket in every possible way imaginable but I just love that Vanson and for the $ it can't be beat.

Damo likes this.
  17. Bunyip

Bunyip Call Me a Cab

Thank So! I really love it. So comfortable, and really functional. It's a really good experience when dealing with Langlitz. I thoroughly enjoyed the process. I love the LW of yours. They are superb jackets.

18. ton312

ton312

Langlitz is my final frontier. Never owned one but have admired them and everything I've seen and heard tells me I should try and have one spun up for me.

Bunyip likes this.
  19. Bunyip

Bunyip Call Me a Cab

Do it! You can just throw a deposit on and start the waiting, and just pay it off over time. Makes it real easy. Ask for Scotty, he is great to deal with.

ton312 likes this.
  20. Said it before..and will again. That Vanson Highwayman looks great.
    HD

Bunyip likes this.