Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite old shows that you grew up watching then exposed your children?

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
Leave it Beaver
Mister Ed
Waltons
Little House on the Parrie (funny thing is I actually lived in Walnut Grove Alabama for a min when I was a young girl!)
and one of my all time favorites.....DRAGNET!! :):cool:

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
I Love Lucy debuted about the time I was born and it was my favorite TV show when I was little. I still watch it and still enjoy it. Am surprised how well it stands up. Have watched other movies and shows Lucille Ball was in, and she was never as funny before or since. The writing, supporting cast etc all seemed to come together to make a show that was greater than the sum of the parts.

Howdy Doody
Pinky Lee
Hopalong Cassidy
The Cisco Kid
Roy Rogers
The Lone Ranger
Peter Gunn
The Rebel
Wanted Dead Or Alive
Have Gun Will Travel
The Rifleman
Rin Tin Tin
The Mickey Mouse Club
Bonanza
American Bandstand
Route 66
Then came Bronson
...to name a few.

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
I love that they still show these on cable so that I can reminisce when no one is watching,lol

I totally for got about Felix...and he was my favorite cat besides Garfield..:)

Ahh,, and the Long Ranger was a favorite of mine as well...I named my dog (Trigger) after the horse of course.

emigran

Practically Family
Andy Devine had a great Sat AM show that included a short movie adventure (maybe cowboys) Billie Gilbert's hilarious sneezing and that "professor character" with the funny accent who always got smashed with an egg or something and of course Midnite the Cat... Niiiiice...

rjb1

Practically Family
"Andy Devine had a great Sat AM show that included a short movie adventure (maybe cowboys) Billie Gilbert's hilarious sneezing and that "professor character" with the funny accent who always got smashed with an egg or something and of course Midnite the Cat... Niiiiice..."

"Plunk your magic twanger, Froggie!"

My kids (especially my 3 yr old) are currently digging "Land of the Lost"

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
pardon the standard short hand but... OMG! I loved "Land of the Lost" what station does that even come on?? :)

I bought the complete episodes box set on amazon for around 10 or 12 bucks awhile back. (classic 70s ones, not the 80s redo with the jeep)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

The Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, Gilligan's Island, I Dream of Jeannie, The Wonderful World of Walt Disney, Bonanza, Bugs Bunny and friends, Wild Wild West, The Brady Bunch, and many more which escape me at the moment.
:D

Last edited:

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
Oh yeah..The Carol Burnett show and Mamma's family!

ToE," what up doc?" "I thought I saw a puttie cat!" hehee great memories with all of them!

Last edited:

rjb1

Practically Family
We have THREE -count 'em, three - retro TV stations here. One night, a week or so ago, I was torn between watching "The Honeymooners", "Dragnet", and "Hopalong Cassidy".
I have more good stuff to watch than I have time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB