Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite instrument??

Favourite instrument??

• Violin/viola,cello,etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • piano

• guitar-electric /acoustic

• brass-(trumpet/trombone,etc)

• flute

• clarinet

• percussion(drums,etc)

• voice-(singing)

• other

• Total voters

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Percussion!

I love the sounds of drums and the performance of a good drummer! 'Good chops' get me movin'!!

When they're combined with good guitar, bass, and keyboards you've got the makings of great music! :eusa_clap

-dixon 'sticks' cannon

P.S. The Theremin and the Glass Armonica really get to me too!

S

Samsa

The classical guitar is the most beautiful instrument that has yet been invented. In the film "The Song of the Guitar," Andres Segovia quotes the poet Eugenio D'Ors: "The song of the piano is a discourse. The song of the cello is an elegy. The song of the guitar is a song." That perfectly sums up my feelings.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Piano Man

Well, as a pianist I would have to say...saxophone! lol No the piano is by far my favourite instrument, but I love them all and wish I could play them all. (And let's not forget the charms of the humble harmonica).

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Any saxophone, but specifically the tenor, the instrument I play most and that is closest to my heart.

hawkins07.jpg

Coleman Hawkins (1904-1969). It doesn't get much better.

52Styleline

A-List Customer
I checked brass since the instrument I have been trained on is the Trumpet/Coronet. I played all through school and college and then played in jazz groups off and on for a number of years. Still keep the chops in shape by playing a little blues stuff for my mental health, but not in a band anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto