Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite leather jacket style + favourite skin/hide

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
That was my thought too Edward.
Personally, if that's the case, I think that it can become a little too contrived (trying to mimic a home-spun, quaint feature that 99% of the buyers won't appreciate, particularly on resale if that comes into the equation).

D

Deleted member 16736

A-1 in capeskin.

I'd broaden it to include any military or civilian leather jacket with a ribbed waist. I find them so much more elegant and practical than straps. MC jackets with side laces are practical too, but not as elegant.

D

Deleted member 16736

Style: 1930s British workwear A-1 style, bigger pockets than the puny ones on the issued A1s, and closing with nice orange or caramel corozo buttons. Single panel rear. And a Lightning or Dot zipper with folded slider and stopper box. Leather cuffs with corozo button closure, and knit waistband. Lined in a medium weight woollen twill with striped polished cotton sleeve liners. Collar should be shaped like an A2, but with no snaps.

Hide: Lightweight calf or heavy sheep. Russet Brown.

I still seek my perfect jacket.

I'll have what he's having, please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace