Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite Old Time Radio podcasts?

Maudelynn

Familiar Face
I have been listening to old time horror radio on itunes forever, but really want to get into some other vintage radio drama podcasts. Any suggestions?

Thanks, and Happy Monday!

3fingers

One Too Many
This is on my computer several hours a day.
http://www.the1920snetwork.com/

There is also the Big Broadcast on WAMU. The program is on the radio on Sunday evening. You can listen online as soon as the broadcast ends or to any of the prior weeks any time you wish.
http://wamu.org/

I'm always looking for others, but these are two that I know of right now.

Maudelynn

Familiar Face
On itunes, if you search for old time radio, a good number of podcasts pop up. I have a number downloaded onto various idevices, all for free.

Oh, yes! I listen to those all the time. As a matter of fact, I am listening to a 1945 Haunting Hour episode on there right now!

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
Yes, itunes has several for download. But sometimes its hard to get a series in order, the eps often skip around and you have to hunt here and there to pick up an episode. There are sites online that list them too, entire series. Just search OTR or Old Time Radio shows and you’ll find several links. J

I especially like the commercials. They often sold brands that I have never heard of and I have fun looking them up. My mom (she’s 78) laughs when I tell her about listening to these OTR shows and she can remember listening to them as a little girl.

Another thing that is fun is to listen to the shows for younger fans. The commercials are geared at trying to get the kids to send in 5 box tops of a cereal in order to get a spuperr decoder ring or maybe some space binoculars. Lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112