Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite quote that sums up your love of life

koopkooper

Practically Family
My favorite quote from a book which sums up my love of life and people I meet in the journey of life is from Jack Kerouac's "On the Road", which without a doubt is my all time favourite book.

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!"

I like this quote as it sums up all of my close friends and those with whom I shall be friends with forever. You meet so many people who are dull and lifeless, who follow the trends and never get excited by anything, people who can't tell stories, tell you why they love someone or something, they exist and that is all. I love people who can teach me something new, always have something to say, always doing something new and are always going somewhere. I'm glad to say this is the thing we all have in common at the Fedora Lounge.
what's yours and why...

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hmm? I guess something as banal as "wherever you go, there you are," sums it up for me. Kind of relates to the fact that fate takes you where you go. My favorite non-love of life saying has always been "life sucks, then you die.";)

Brooksie

One Too Many
I like to say "life is just a big adventure" it is my own personal moto that I have come up with over the last couple of years.

Brooksie

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Not a rolling stones fan...

But....this lyric, comes to mind very often...as least I keep telling myself it is true.

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you might find
You get what you need.

P

Phaedra

"What is success in this world? I would say it consists of four simple things - to live a lot, to love a lot,to laugh a lot, and from it all, to learn a lot." -Richard J. Needham

olive bleu

One Too Many
"I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David thoreau

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
A few for your consideration

"Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes!" - Variously attributed to Bill S. Preston, Esq. and Ted 'Theodore' Logan.

"I always wake up at the crack of ice." - Joe E. Lewis.

"I have three phobias which, could I mute them, would make my life as slick as a sonnet, but as dull as ditch water: I hate to go to bed, I hate to get up, and I hate to be alone." - Tallulah Bankhead.

"One of these days ... a guy is going to come up to you and show you a nice brand-new deck of cards on which the seal is not yet broken, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not bet this man, for as sure as you are standing there, you are going to end up with an earful of cider." - Damon Runyon, Gus and Dolls

"Mayhem is its own reward." - David Devereux.

One for all us scribblers hereabouts:

"Publish and be damned!" - The Right Honourable Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington.

And an all time classic to close:

"I'm not talking a cup of cheap gin splashed over an ice cube. I'm talking satin, fire and ice; Fred Astaire in a glass; surgical cleanliness; insight and comfort; redemption and absolution. I'm talking a martini" - Anonymous

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto