Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FDR Fedora

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Someone here at the Lounge at one time or another asked about FDR's Fedora - here's something I just came across researching another topic:

According to the March 31, 1941, issue of "Time" magazine, Edward G. Robinson and Melvyn Douglas bid $3,200 for the Fedora hat that Franklin Delano Roosevelt had worn during his three successful campaigns for the presidency. They acquired the hat at a special Hollywood auction to benefit the Motion Picture Relief Fund.

W4ASZ

Practically Family
Someone here at the Lounge at one time or another asked about FDR's Fedora - here's something I just came across researching another topic:

According to the March 31, 1941, issue of "Time" magazine, Edward G. Robinson and Melvyn Douglas bid $3,200 for the Fedora hat that Franklin Delano Roosevelt had worn during his three successful campaigns for the presidency. They acquired the hat at a special Hollywood auction to benefit the Motion Picture Relief Fund.

Then there was the one in this thread that Eleanor wouldn't let him wear :

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...klin-D.-Roosevelt-s-Trademark-Fedora-for-Sale

:cool:

carldelo

One Too Many
Here's one of FDR's fedoras - photo taken in summer 2009 in his house on Campobello Island,:

P1080609.jpg

Dig that funky crease...

Chinaski

One Too Many

I wonder what the same hat would bring today? Would FDR still draw big money? In the hat crowd, it would seem LBJ would bring bigger money than FDR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points