Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Abuse

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It's not trimmed anything, it's made that way. That one and another example have been posted a few times.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
It's not trimmed anything, it's made that way. That one and another example have been posted a few times.
:arated:
I actually saw a guy (Italian if that matters) wearing a black one in the museum I work for. I asked him about it and he said he bought it that way.*yucky* [huh]

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

This is all my fault. I kept a ballcap on a hook next to a fedora, and this is the result - a mixed offspring! :eusa_doh:

So, it is a ballcap-ized fedora or a fedora-ized ballcap??

Confused,

Stan

Lonny

One of the Regulars
Thats pretty ugly, but I'm sure it'll catch on with some people.
The way I see it, most people are touchy about hats, because fedoras are so large and uncommon these days maybe this could be their go between? haha.

...So ugly...

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Are those things still around? Gads! This subject came up about two years ago & I think the designer had posted here as well back then. They weren't received very well even then. Go figure.

Cheers!

Dan

jwalls

Vendor
I actually made 2 of these for a local performer. Not my taste, but he liked it.:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Phantasm said:
That just seems so wrong.....Interesting and different, but wrong.

Yeah... interesting and different, but aesthetically, I disagree with it. It's unconventional, that's for sure, and the idea of a creased, felt "baseball cap," if you want to call it that, is pretty unique, but something about it is displeasing to the eyes. I wouldn't personally wear one. Give me a proper fedora any day, or in certain circumstances, even a plain old real ballcap. That thing's just too weird, for the lack of a better word. Slightly off topic, but I have to admit, some of the wool baseball caps look kind of nice, compared to the standard cotton or polyester/synthetic stuff around here.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I'll admit that it might be the color I don't really care for. If I saw a black or gray one, I may or may not think it looks *ok* for some. Still, the design of that makes me think it should really be worn by someone who has half their head missing as well!

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I've been seeing this "style" being pushed for a couple of years now. I don't think it's catching on, and I understand why. People don't like buying things with an identity crisis, I find.

BurlyNate

New in Town
Stan said:
Hi,

This is all my fault. I kept a ballcap on a hook next to a fedora, and this is the result - a mixed offspring! :eusa_doh:

well, Fedoras are known to reproduce liberally

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff