Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora hats and leather pea coats for sale

pgoat

One Too Many
Hi gang

It's been a while! I hope all are well.

I had posted some hats for sale a while ago and life got in the way big time. I had made notes of who was interested in what hats but so much time has passed that I thought it was best to start fresh - I apologize for any inconvenience.

I am selling the following and wanted to make them available here before resorting to online auction (mis)adventuresshakeshead:

Last edited:

pgoat

One Too Many
Knox Premier 7 3/8 Medium Grey, Stingy Brim, ca. early 1960s, wide black ribbon, black leather sweat band, excellent condition with original octagonal box $125.00

KnoxCharcoalPremier44.jpg

KnoxCharcoalPremier38.jpg

KnoxCharcoalPremier4.jpg

KnoxCharcoalPremier45.jpg

KnoxCharcoalPremierz3.jpg

As with all of these items, please PM if you'd like more info or pics....

Last edited:

pgoat

One Too Many
Olive colored Knox Stingy brim, size 7 1/2, Non-original large Knox Octagonal box, very good condition, a few tiny moth bites not visible unless you really look for them. Fairly thick felt, not quite as substantial as Premier, but not floppy either. Tan leather sweatband in excellent shape.

$75

KnoxBrown13.jpg

KnoxBrown16.jpg

KnoxBrown17.jpg

pgoat

One Too Many
Beaver felt clone of Bogie's Maltese Falcon fedora, custom made for me by Gus Miller in 2008. I bought this hat after seeing another FL member's hat that Gus made. I never wore this hat! It is far too beautiful to let it sit in its original box in my closet. 7 3/8, lovely thick but soft silverbelly colored felt, black ribbon. Black leather sweatband. Mint condition. $300.00

GusMillerBogie42.jpg

GusMillerBogie_1482.jpg

GusMillerBogie_1484.jpg

GusMillerBogie_1483.jpg

GusMillerBogie_1485.jpg

Last edited:

pgoat

One Too Many
TWO Schott Leather top of the line pea coats. This is currently called style 740 in Schott's catalog, but it was called the 140 when I bought two of these new in 1998. It is made with their super thick and heavy but soft and comfortable "Naked Cowhide." New, they sell for $550 and up.

I am selling two -

1. a brand new, never worn size 46 with tags still attached - $450.00
and

2. a broken in but excellent size 44 - $300.00

I have worn the 44 sparingly in winter the last twelve years - it is the warmest coat I own! It's just started to break in nicely and develop a nice patina. It does NOT look like a twelve year old coat! It is a very roomy 44, I am a size 44 suit and I can get a sport coat, bulky sweater or sweatshirt under it with no problem. Typical US Navy styling and details; two angled side pockets, a inside breast pocket on each side and a black quilted lining. Made in the USA. It was recently professionally leather cleaned. For reference in these pics, I am a hair under 5'8" and weigh about 215 pounds. Note - this is a man's coat, it's soft but heavy and substantial.

GusMillerBogie33.jpg

KnoxCharcoalPremier41.jpg

KnoxCharcoalPremier43.jpg

KnoxCharcoalPremier48.jpg

KnoxCharcoalPremier63.jpg

KnoxCharcoalPremier66.jpg

KnoxCharcoalPremier67.jpg

ideaguy

One Too Many
Borsalino Como, purchased new in 2007, only worn a few times, excellent shape+. Size 7 3/8, medium wide brim, Charcoal grey, narrow ribbon, original box from Bencraft in Brooklyn. Soft and lightweight felt, great for warmer weather. $150.00

BorasalinoComo1.jpg

BorasalinoComo.jpg

BorasalinoComo3.jpg

BorasalinoComo4.jpg

BorasalinoComo9.jpg

Love the Como- could you please PM me? have some ideas...
thanks
ideaguy

pgoat

One Too Many
Thank you Rob - yes, I am.

My biggest problem is I commute almost everywhere by bike and don't get to dress well as much as I'd like. I do stash some good clothes at the office and change there but not hats. I reckon 8 hats is too many to let sit around so I narrowed it down to keeping 3-4 that I think look best on me and sell the rest.

Pea coats I just have way too many of...I recently lost some weight (guess the cycling is good for something!) and the two leather Schott coats are simply the biggest/loosest ones I own, so was just looking to let someone else enjoy them and maybe raise some much-needed cash for gifts by Xmas.

pgoat

One Too Many
Both Knox hats have been sold.

Knox Premier 7 3/8 Medium Grey, Stingy Brim, ca. early 1960s, wide black ribbon, black leather sweat band, excellent condition with original octagonal box $125.00
KnoxCharcoalPremier44.jpg

Olive colored Knox Stingy brim, size 7 1/2, Non-original large Knox Octagonal box, very good condition, a few tiny moth bites not visible unless you really look for them. Fairly thick felt, not quite as substantial as Premier, but not floppy either. Tan leather sweatband in excellent shape. $75

KnoxBrown13.jpg

Both Knox hats have been sold.

Last edited:

pgoat

One Too Many
Still available (I've lowered the prices on the coats):

TWO Schott Leather top of the line pea coats. This is currently called style 740 in Schott's catalog, but it was called the 140 when I bought two of these new in 1998. It is made with their super thick and heavy but soft and comfortable "Naked Cowhide." New, they sell for $550 and up.

I am selling two -

1. a brand new, never worn size 46 with tags still attached - $400.00
and

2. a broken in but excellent size 44 - $250.00

I have worn the 44 sparingly in winter the last twelve years - it is the warmest coat I own! It's just started to break in nicely and develop a nice patina. It does NOT look like a twelve year old coat! It is a very roomy 44, I am a size 44 suit and I can get a sport coat, bulky sweater or sweatshirt under it with no problem. Typical US Navy styling and details; two angled side pockets, a inside breast pocket on each side and a black quilted lining. Made in the USA. It was recently professionally leather cleaned. For reference in these pics, I am a hair under 5'8" and weigh about 215 pounds. Note - this is a man's coat, it's soft but heavy and substantial.

GusMillerBogie33.jpg

KnoxCharcoalPremier41.jpg

KnoxCharcoalPremier43.jpg

KnoxCharcoalPremier48.jpg

KnoxCharcoalPremier63.jpg

KnoxCharcoalPremier66.jpg

KnoxCharcoalPremier67.jpg

Last edited:

pgoat

One Too Many
Also still up for grabs:

Beaver felt clone of Bogie's Maltese Falcon fedora, custom made for me by Gus Miller in 2008. I bought this hat after seeing another FL member's hat that Gus made. I never wore this hat! It is far too beautiful to let it sit in its original box in my closet. 7 3/8, lovely thick but soft silverbelly colored felt, black ribbon. Black leather sweatband. Mint condition. $300.00

GusMillerBogie42.jpg

GusMillerBogie_1482.jpg

GusMillerBogie_1484.jpg

GusMillerBogie_1483.jpg

GusMillerBogie_1485.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112