Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Edition {Everything Australian } Akubra Camp Draft 2 5/8s brim

Duper

Practically Family
A special Moonstone CD in imperial felt did not fly so to try and streamline gauging alternate interests I have opened a new thread. Bartender - If I have to many similar threads open please close this one down.

For anyone new to the topic Sam at everythingaustralian has offered to produce a special run of Camp Drafts in either his blue grass green or in taupe fawn. We need a concensus on either blue grass or fawn. The CDs will be in imperial felt with a 2 5/8th bound brim rather than the typical 2 7/8th bound brim. The hats will be priced at $90 AUD plus shipping costs. We need 25 members signing on to have the product sent for manufacture. There would be the minimum 3 months wait before shipment.

Sam at EA He is offering to draw for 1 free hat from the list of the first 25 purchasers.

My BG CD is perhaps my favourite hat and receives the most compliments so I would be up for it if 24 of you are as well. I am good with taupe fawn as well.

From the prior thread I believe we have 9 positive responses for the blue grass green and 4 for either and 1 exclusively for taupe fawn.

Bluegrass Green
1- duper
2- RBH
3- gimebacmybulits
4- Desert Dan
5- gtdean48
6- mflemming
7- Thunderball
8- tealseal
9 - shaka
10 - ?? landman showed some interest.

Taupe Fawn
1- duper
2- RBH
3- gtdean48
4- mflemming
5- preacherman - excl.

I will leave this sit now and percolate.

,,,Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Can anyone post a few pictures of the "blue grass green" hat, for the coloring of that hat? I think it may help some of us to make a choice about wanting one of not? If I like the color, I would desire to be added to a list for one, as I currently own no camp drafts and think it would be a nice addition to my hat shelf!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Here's my Bluegrass CD, with my BG Whippet.

The Akubra Bluegrass Green is a very nice felt, I'm sure anyone taking advantage of this deal will be happy with it.

D329636-L.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's a good pic of Bluegrass Green in the sunlight:

663e9a5d-1.jpg

Since mine was lost, I would be interested in a BG Campdraft. Just gotta get one of my other hats sold.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Didn't know you lost yours, Neo.

Your BGCD was one of the inspirations to get mine. I remember some shots you posted while you were in Las Vegas (saved by the wind trolley on that occasion, I think). Yes, you need to get another!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, David, and your memory is dead on.

Yeah, the BG is nowhere to be found. If I had to guess, near the end of last summer when I was buying a lot of hats off the bay, I might have tried storing the BG in one of the packing boxes. I may have accidently thrown it out while cleaning up this year.

Anyway, if this thing goes through y'all can count me in for a bluegrass green.

tealseal

A-List Customer
Exclusive on Bluegrass Green

Duper,
Sorry to say that I can't support both. With my Tawny Fawn Fed IV, my Heritage Fawn Fed IV, and my brown Saxon, I really don't want another fawny-brown hat, especially since my collection lacks anything green! I also promised myself my next hat would be green.
Thanks for working so hard at this! The more BGCD's I see photos of on here, the more I want one (and I love the dimensions you're proposing)!

Duper

Practically Family
Duper,
Sorry to say that I can't support both. With my Tawny Fawn Fed IV, my Heritage Fawn Fed IV, and my brown Saxon, I really don't want another fawny-brown hat, especially since my collection lacks anything green! I also promised myself my next hat would be green.
Thanks for working so hard at this! The more BGCD's I see photos of on here, the more I want one (and I love the dimensions you're proposing)!

Hi tealseal, this is not a proposition to buy 2 different colour hats. It will be one or the other. If the popular opinion is for bluegrass green and we get to 25 hats requested then we tell Sam at EA we want BG CDs. Bluegrass is definitely the front runner, but does it have the legs to finish the race?

Stay tuned and stay in!

Duper

Practically Family
Bluegrass Green
1- duper
2- RBH
3- gimebacmybulits
4- Desert Dan
5- gtdean48
6- mflemming
7- Thunderball
8- tealseal
9 - shaka
11- Neophyte
12- MCrider

Taupe Fawn
1- duper
2- RBH
3- gtdean48
4- mflemming
5- preacherman - excl.

Duper

Practically Family
We have passed the halfway mark for placing an order for the bluegrass green CD with the moderate brim. I have let Sam at EA know by email.

Beautiful affordable hats waiting for more members to sign up to make them a go.

Bluegrass Green
1- duper
2- RBH
3- gimebacmybulits
4- Desert Dan
5- gtdean48
6- mflemming
7- Thunderball
8- tealseal
9 - shaka
11- Neophyte
12- MCrider
13- TDB166
14- Interbak

Taupe Fawn
1- duper
2- RBH
3- gtdean48
4- mflemming
5- preacherman - excl.

Duper

Practically Family
Not a flood,,,but a very strong trickle of folks still signing up. Classic styled, moderate brimmed hats waiting for more members to sign up to make them a go.

Bluegrass Green
1- duper
2- RBH
3- gimebacmybulits
4- Desert Dan
5- gtdean48
6- mflemming
7- Thunderball
8- tealseal
9 - shaka
11- Neophyte