Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge First Chance Vintage Dress Sale!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Due to unforseen circumstances, I will be listing several of the vintage dresses and shoes in my collection. I wanted to post them here first, for at least two days before I put them on eBay, because I know and like the people on here so much, and want to give you all first pick. All the clothes in my collection have been well cared for, and most,if not all, are in completely wearable condition. Please PM me if interested, or if you have any questions whatsoever. I want to be sure I accommodate any interest to my full capacity. :) More views of dresses are available on request, too! :) Will negotiate price in PM's.

!IMPORTANT EDIT!
!NOW ACCEPTING PAYPAL! The easy way to pay!

1950's Flower Dress- Available
2383857533_26ffef7a19.jpg

Bust: 34 inches (medium amount of stretch)
Waist: 26 inches (medium amount of stretch, up to 29 inches)
Hips: FREE- the skirt is full circle
Length (From waist): 27 inches

Fun, cheerful Print*Full, sweeping skirt*EXCELLENT, fully wearable condition*

Mid-1950's Cornflower Blue Cotton Dress- Available
2384700592_d700072eaf.jpg

Bust: 34-36 inches
Waist: 25 inches
Hips: Free
Length (from waist): 26 inches

Soft, charming color*Delightful inset detail* Great condition-no odors, rips, or tears*

Late 1940's-Early 1950's Peach Dress On Ebay NOW!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270225713475&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=017
2386081920_6081fc8c90.jpg

I will be editing this entry throughout the next few days with updates as I get more information, pictures, and dresses uploaded.

And I have another dress already up on ebay, but would like to make the Loungers aware of also.
I am still not sure if live auction links are allowed, but to view the dress, which is a great condition, mid-50's, striped yellow dress, please go to second*glance*vintage, and look into the Items for Sale.

Hope to hear from interested parties. :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Love all these items (that dress on Ebay is gorgeous!) but they're so tiny :(

BTW, it's OK to post live Ebay auction links in the classifieds, if they're for your own items.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
KittyT, thank you so, what kind words! :) :eek: I'm so sorry the size seems to be an issue. I don't know if you are still interested, but included among my future additions will be a couple of knit sets, which as a rule are generally a lot more forgiving than fitted fabrics. I believe some I have can stretch 30in. and beyond.

Thanks again for your input (and the ebay clarification!), I appreciate it so much! :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
LadyStardust said:
I don't know if you are still interested, but included among my future additions will be a couple of knit sets, which as a rule are generally a lot more forgiving than fitted fabrics. I believe some I have can stretch 30in. and beyond.

I will definitely be keeping an eye out for anything else you post. Any items that are stretchy or slightly bigger would likely fit. FL also has plenty of tinier girls that I'm sure would look lovely in these dresses!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Wanted to thank both of you for your continued interest, it's a shame the sizes aren't working out for either of you. KittyT, I was also expecting at least some interest from some of the ladies here about the dresses, since I also know there are quite a few of them who fit the sizes listed, and there were considerable views of this thread, 113 for 4 days. Funny how I got no PM's. I don't know what the deal is, if there really is no one who was interested in getting a bargain, because I had put the dresses up for exactly that reason, or if it may be for personal reasons, which would be slightly silly. No matter. Because I received nothing here, all of these are up on ebay, now, two with bids and several watchers, and the yellow dress with no bidders yet, but the most views and a very handsome amount of watchers. That's also the dress I've received the most serious interest in in messages on ebay. The only dress that is not up yet, that will be tomorrow, is the blue dress. If someone would still like to take it for a bargain, I am offering it for $24 plus shipping.

More, new listings on ebay will come in the later part of this week, with one knit dress, possibly two, and about 4 or 5 other dresses.

TessTrueheart

Too small for me too, but absolutely lovely dresses LadyStardust! You know, it took me a while to actually pay attentionen to the Classifieds, maybe you should do what MissBellaHell does and hint in the powder room?

LadyStardust

Practically Family
A million apologies for being so delayed in getting back to this thread. Between being knocked out with the flu earlier, having a virus on my personal computer, and a multitude of personal issues/hassles to deal with, I've regretfully put other pursuits, especially online, on the back burner. I am back for now, and selling new dresses. Ada Veen, in reply to your query, I've just recently put up the blue dress on ebay. I will post the link to it, and an awesome 60's dress, which I really do think looks like something you would see on the Mad Men set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270230453379&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=017
1950's blue dress, with extra pictures

dscn47041ta5.jpg

1960's Green Dress
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270230466011&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=017

Thank you all so much for any interest, and for such nice words. :)

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Am putting a few new dresses up here first, if anyone is interested. If no PM's in that time, they'll go to ebay by Thursday evening, maybe later. This is a restatement, but all of these clothes are in excellent, wearable condition. Come from a smoke free home, and have no rips, stains, or odors.

Handmade/sewn 1950's olive green dress **SOLD** :) :)
dscn4662kh0.jpg

Measurements:
B: 34-36"
W: 25" MAX
Hips: free, circle skirt

Pretty style, perfect for spring/summer, sweet rickrack trim detail

1930's Navy crepe dress

Please click on thumbnail for a bigger picture.
B:36
W: up to 28"
Hips: I didn't get this measured, but I would say at least up to 40", it's a pretty forgiving dress

Smooth,comfortable material*sharp contrast sleeve cuffs*Classic art deco silhouette

1950's sweater/cardigan **SOLD**
DSCN4652.jpg

Size 38
Excellent condition, lovely color

Also, quite to my chagrin and well,surprise, considering that I've seen similar dresses, and worse quality, go for exorbitant prices on ebay, my green 1960's dress did not sell. It has been relisted. No bids yet, so if anyone from here has interested, I would be willing to withdraw from ebay and offer it special.

I really don't know what else to say to convince anyone.
These are high quality items, dear to my heart, and entirely my loss.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
It does seem a bummer that so many of my items are falling into a no man's land for so many. Happily, I have found wonderful new homes for the olive green dress and lavender cardigan. :) Many thanks to those ladies.
Now it is time for the knit set. It is from the 1940's, excellent,wearable conition, smooth knit wool. A nice feature of this set is that it has a remarkably light weave, and I think it would be completely comfortable to wear in these hotter months, without overheating.
DSCN4577-1.jpg

DSCN4579-1.jpg

Measurements-Please keep in mind that since this is a knit, it has a decent amount of stretch so there are no "definite" measurements.
Top:
38" unstretched
Waist: 30" unstretched

Skirt:
Waist: 28" unstretched
Hips: 38" unstretched

I am so sorry, I did not get the length of the skirt, I can provide that if absolutely necessary. However, I am 5'3", so I think that could also be taken into consideration in how the piece would fall.

Thanks for reading!!!!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
I'm sorry Eve. :(

dscn4675zk1.jpg

Here's another dress I'm looking to find a new home for.
1950's, excellent condition, no rips, stains, or odors
B: 36 MAX
W: 25"
Hips: 36
**RESERVED** :)

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Great Stuff

Lady Stardust you have great taste! I love the newest dress you posted, but a 25 waist? I'll let you know when I get my bottom ribs taken out...I hope it goes to a nice home:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko