Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge really growing!!

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Mycroft said:
Is it fair to call COW a "sister" or "brother" site?

You bet. We have the same roots and I stay in touch with them and most of the mods are friends whom I have met in person. That is why we are joining forces for the big get together in November on the Queen Mary.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I sure didn't start this thread to be one of competition between the 2 sites. I was just amazed at how fast it's grown in membership since its a much younger site than COW. Both fill a purpose and are both full of great people.

fedoralover

fedoralover said:
Since for instance, Indy never wore a Silver Belly Open Road or a Stetson Playboy and heaven forbid if we saw him in a Dobbs Gay Prince. However I like all those fedora's and have the opportunity to see them and many other varieties here.

I missed this part of the post previously. For those who have never seen a Dobbs Gay Prince and wonder why Fed doesn't want Indy to wear one---Here you go:
GayPrince.jpg

:p

Regards to all,

J

Dalexs

Practically Family
MK said:
True.....but 2/3 of those are "I JUST TOOK THE PLUNGE AND ORDERED A WESTED!!!!!!".

OOOoooo, you're mean!

And MK is right. We are all actually very good friends.
And for Fedoralover, where is that Michaelson torch image when you need it!

matei

One Too Many
I came across the Lounge first, and then I discovered COW.

They are both great sites, full of very helpful people who offer loads of useful information. I think that these types of forums are an example of the power of the Internet, used in a positive way.

I try to visit these forums every day, as there is always something interesting happening. While I mightn't post ever day, I do try when I have a question or a bit of helpful info. I despise lurkers... the world is full of people with that lurker mentality.

Incidentally, my intro to COW was indeed one of those plunge-taking Wested posts!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I don't know.. you can't really bring up jeans or duster coats or wool caps or lunch pales or tennis shoes or riding boots on COW. COW by it's defenition is Indiana Jones wear centric. I think The Lounge is Universal. Everything from Trains to Riding crops to leather jackets fits in here.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Based upon some posts just checked out the COW site, nice folks there :beer: too, but like the overall 1930's/1940's period range of Fedora Lounge!

Bumping this old thread. It’s short and takes us back to our origins as a Club Obi-Wan (Indiana Jones) offshoot. I can appreciate an “Indy” hat as a hat, but I don’t have any interest in cosplay or movie fetishes. Still, it’s interesting to get a glimpse at the early days. Thanks to all the pioneers for making a great site.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Wouldn't it be interesting to see a growth chart of members/posts year-by-year since the beginning? And a list of the top 10 most searched terms or items! Very cool, indeed!

Bumping this old thread. It’s short and takes us back to our origins as a Club Obi-Wan (Indiana Jones) offshoot. I can appreciate an “Indy” hat as a hat, but I don’t have any interest in cosplay or movie fetishes. Still, it’s interesting to get a glimpse at the early days. Thanks to all the pioneers for making a great site.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The Lounge does keep growing, I found it quite by chance when searching for a type of hat. A lot of the technical side of how it all works goes right over my head, but I do love the interesting and eclectic mix of the membership.

Sometimes a regular poster just seems to fade away. that's always sad, I do wonder if there's a self imposed pressure thinking that they are spending too much time online. I treat the internet like I do television, some days I watch TV, some days I don't. It's the same with the internet, I go online as and when the mood takes me.

Being an international forum is the making of The Lounge, I have travelled across most of Europe, The Middle East, The Holy Lands, North America, but I have never got to know the local people, yet here, a place in cyber space, I feel that I know so many.

There's a good sense of decorum here too, spats are few, compliments are generous, long may it continue. My thanks to the Barstaff, that's a great name for a moderator, and my thanks to all who contribute to this fascinating and enjoyable site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points