Fedoras in OKC?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Ghoste, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Ghoste

Ghoste New in Town

Hi, everyone! Anyone know if there is any decent place to buy fedoras from in, or around, the Oklahoma City area? I know there are some good places to order from online, but there is something about being able to go into a store, peruse their selection and handle the various fedoras in person. Who knows, maybe its the thrill of the chase.

Thanks for any suggestions and thanks for the forum --- I spend way to much time lurking here!

Redfokker likes this.
  2. majormoore

majormoore Vendor

Stop in Shorty's there in the stock yards, she is a custom hat maker and can and would be glad to work with you on making a nice dress hat.

Just because she is a western hatter mostly should not fool you about working with her on your dress hat needs.

Major Moore

Redfokker likes this.
  3. Jabos

Jabos A-List Customer

I never tried Shorties, but I'll check into it. I don't think there is anything in OKC as far as retail. In Tulsa is "The Brothers Hats" with an okay selection of new hats. I think the best thing we have around is Hatco in Dallas.

Redfokker likes this.
  4. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Call Me a Cab

Welocme mate...can`t help out on Oklahoma...but I can vouch that Jabos is ;) a good man, and I`m sure his advice is worth to follow...you in good hands!

Redfokker likes this.
  5. I have a western custom from Shorty & she also re-worked an Open Road & a Stetson 25 fedora for me. REAL nice folks there, see them when I come to the Reining Futurity every Fall. Another Lounger has taken a Open Road to them just recently, too. HTH

Redfokker likes this.
  6. RBH

RBH Bartender

Welcome, you have recieved some good advice!

7. skyvue

skyvue Call Me a Cab

There is a men's store near Fifty Penn Place, the name of which begins with an I (but I can't for the life of me remember it).

Anyway, I was told they stock fedoras, though how extensive their offerings may be, I couldn't say.

EDIT: It's called Israel's Fine Menswear and is located at 1900 NW Expressway (which may well be in, not near, 50 Penn Place -- I'm not certain). Their phone number is 405-810-0550.

I can vouch for Shorty's, too, as being a helpful and friendly place. I've not had a hat made there, but I've stopped in during various sojourns in OKC to have them spruce up a hat or two, and they did so happily.

8. swaviator

swaviator New in Town

Hi, and a good question. I'm doing my best to increase the population of Fedoras in OKC, but in stores they are almost impossible to find. And yes, Shorty's in Stockyards City is great...she knows her hats and and can make anything you want...fur to panamas. Currently, she is reworking a very old Open Road into a Stratoliner for me. I live in OKC and if you find a good Fedora source, please let me know!

9. swaviator

swaviator New in Town

Yes, and waiting for it I'm like a kid waiting on Christmas. I'll post a before and after picture when I get it back from Shorty's.

10. swaviator

swaviator New in Town

Just wanting to know if you have had any luck on finding good lids here in OKC. Are we comprising the OKC Fedora Club with just we two? Surely there are many more who would like to join in and share their local experience in wearing and finding good hats.

11. Ryan.Scott00

Ryan.Scott00 New in Town

Any new Fedora hat companies in OKC? I know this thread is older.

12. Craig 452

Craig 452 New in Town

I don't know if they are new, but Dillards suit department 2 nw locations at the malls, and pinpoint resource in 50 pen place nw highway and pen, sometimes you can get cheep hats at Loves truck stops mostly cowboy hats for mowing the lawn that you don't mind getting dirty.

Redfokker likes this.