Field Leather Custom Manhattan

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by North_Star, Jan 15, 2021.

1. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

The page never loads on my pc, due to picture size, but from my phone finally it loads, congrats great looking mods, super leather and hopefully we see some fit pics

North_Star likes this.
  2. Berto

Berto One of the Regulars

Superb customized Manhattan.

I also chose that black shinki full aniline for my customized Idaho.

North_Star, MrProper and Marc mndt like this.
  3. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

No doubt about it or if they do do that then they would charge an exorbitant amount of money that would make it less attainable. Kudos to you as well for having the vision and being so meticulous with order details. Now to the fit picks!

This jacket is making me salivating to get my 2nd FL next month, ever since Greg got that skiving machine his stitching looks even more incredible than before

4. North_Star

North_Star One of the Regulars

It was -20C so didn't want to spend whole day photoshooting, and i'm wearing my workshoes to not to trip and fall with my engineers:D
    IMG_20210116_124228_01__01.jpg IMG_20210116_123951__01.jpg IMG_20210116_124235.jpg IMG_20210116_124243.jpg IMG_20210116_124233.jpg

5. roadking04

roadking04 Practically Family

This has been happening to me recently. It is very aggravating when trying to view an awesome jacket.

@North_Star, Great pics. That jacket is gonna look even better in a few months. Fit is spot on.

hondurasdave47 and North_Star like this.
  6. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Wow!
    It looks great on you!

North_Star likes this.
  7. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

North_Star likes this.
  8. hondurasdave47

hondurasdave47 Practically Family

Most of the time as of late, I can only view photos on my iPhone.

roadking04 likes this.
  9. Monitor

Monitor

A-freaking-mazing. I don't know what else to say that'd add up to something constructive but I'm just floored with what this jacket looks like and especially with how it fit! If all these years of experience amount to something, without ever handling Field Leathers I'm going to say that it seems to me that Greg's patterns are seriously the best on the market right now. Sleeves are so well done you don't even need to be an expert to see that. Well, if I'm ever going for another custom, maker is settled.

dannyk, Pandemic and North_Star like this.
  10. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

What is the shinki like on this jacket???

Brandrea33 and North_Star like this.
  11. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

What a cold looking pic, great fit, what did you put inside the small pocket to mould them?

North_Star likes this.
  12. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck My Mail is Forwarded Here

Wow. That is one the best jackets I have ever seen on here with one of the best fits as well. Absolutely brilliant!

North_Star likes this.
  13. North_Star

I folded three pieces of leather there that i got from Greg. Here they are on some test phase:D
    IMG_20201211_124925.jpg

Jin431, navetsea and sweetfights like this.
  14. North_Star

The smell is crazy in it way better than vicenza or horween.

The weight is substantial but not crazy like chromexel but slightly heavier than my vicenza. It also feels rigid, but Greg said the grainier the leather gets the softer it feels and I went with the middle ground and it feels great.

The color that may not be visible in the photos is different black than lets say vicenza or teacore shinki, it is warm black as those two are more colder I'd say.

The only bad thing I can think of is that it is not that water resistant, if you compare it to teacore.

Brandrea33, Jin431 and sweetfights like this.
  15. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

What’s the rule here? Are we allowed to. Cuss? I forget. That’s A FREAKIn AMAZING!

North_Star likes this.
  16. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Wait til your jacket gets wet, it will look more beautiful like Marc's black aniline jacket. I have the brown aniline one and it soaked water really well but the creasing and folds developed nicely (mine is mostly smooth so some of the grain popped out after)

North_Star likes this.
  17. North_Star

I saw Marc's jacket and it looks amazing, the leather is totally different now than it was before.

Jin431 and Marc mndt like this.
  18. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

Well Greg is probably about to have increased wait times. More than we thought. Carl Murawski just did a video about Field Leathers. Looks like right now as 1,500 views already. Hurry up @Monitor get on his list!

19. Monitor

Monitor

Just saw the video on fb and actually sent Greg another message immediately! I actually tried contacting them a month or so ago but I don't think it reached FL or something...

dannyk likes this.
  20. willyto

willyto One Too Many

Who is that? Genuinely asking, not trying to be funny.

I guess that's the problem of making niche stuff popular...the demand increases and may be good for the maker but then customers are affected too!

Let's hope he's not a victim of his own success like happened to Goodwear.

red devil and Carlos840 like this.