Field Leather Custom Manhattan

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by North_Star, Jan 15, 2021.

1. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

He’s a YouTube guy. Probably on Instagram too but I’m not on there so don’t know ha. He is known for his boot reviews, but also ventures into jackets, belts, bags and clothes. He gets lots of views. He’s actually alright. Some of those guys are really elitist or annoying...he’s ok. If you go on YouTube and look Carl Murawski you’ll find him right away. He also reviewed MyG Handmade boots which were super niche and cost 900 dollars which is a ton but totally worth it. Every single step is handmade. After he made a video MyG rebranded as Kreosote boots and now they cost 1,200. Would expect a similar bump in Field Leathers. I mean good for Greg, I hope he does get a lot of interest he totally deserves. But expect a price jump and a longer line shortly.

Jin431, roadking04 and dudewuttheheck like this.
  2. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

Then maybe I should keep my FL after all lol
    My jacket is the very first FL sold. The No. 1, so to say. Maybe it will be a collector's item? ;)
    Such bad luck that it doesn't fit well.

3. North_Star

North_Star One of the Regulars

What i've seen I think it looks good on you, I'd say keep it.

4. North_Star

I tried to capture the colors here and it shows them pretty accurately.
    From left to right >
    Black Vicenza > Black aniline Shinki > Black Cxl steer
    IMG_20210119_133846.jpg IMG_20210119_133856.jpg IMG_20210119_133903.jpg

5. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

THe black full aniline shinki does stand out a lot! Nice collection you got there!

North_Star likes this.
  6. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Some more fit pics would be great .....

North_Star likes this.
  7. Spiney

Spiney Familiar Face

You said that the attention to detail etc is better than Schott or Aero and I don’t doubt this, but as it’s at least 25% more expensive, wouldn’t you expect that ?

8. North_Star

I wouldnt expect anything at 25% more, you cannot buy quality with only money, you need skill and passion first.

It isnt at least 25% more expensive, most of the better Schotts are over 1000$ and they are not even close to FL in quality. Aeros are about £800 and the leather on Aeros and Schotts arent Shinki, and the hardware is cheap YKK or chinese copy Talons. FL jackets costs £1000. So not that much more than Aero and the same as some of the Schott jackets or less.

dudewuttheheck likes this.
  9. North_Star

I'll try when I have the opportunity. Don't really have any good way to take them just myself.

10. Spiney

Spiney Familiar Face

Leather aside- Aero jacket here (England) £740. Field is £1000. So here at least 25% anyway. I appreciate, as you say, that it doesn’t always equate to better products, but it should.

North_Star likes this.
  11. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

Apples and oranges imo. From Aero you're getting a basic pattern with custom body and sleeve length. From FL you're getting bespoke pattern + you have the opportunity to make your own design choices. Build quality is a totally different league. And then there's leather and hardware.

You're getting a whole lot more jacket for only £250.

12. Spiney

Spiney Familiar Face

Enjoy it while you can. You know as well as I do that once his name becomes more recognised the world over his prices will skyrocket. Every company does the same thing .

13. Spiney

Spiney Familiar Face

Aero seems to be really hated on here , don’t know why. There’s loads of jackets from them that are still in great shape that are quite old. The build quality can’t be that bad .

14. Spiney

Spiney Familiar Face

Also Field is currently only offering 3 colours. Two of which are very similar. Not exactly a great selection.

15. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

I'm afraid you got the wrong impression. There is no Aero hatred here. There is only the opinion that there is a class difference between Aero and FL in terms of material and craftsmanship.

16. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

What gives tot that idea?

It might be a good idea to do some reading on the subject matter before you make your judgement.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/field-leathers.100211/

17. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

You clearly don't know this forum yet if you are writing such a thing...

dudewuttheheck and Marc mndt like this.
  18. Spiney

Spiney Familiar Face

He told me himself that’s he’s currently only offering Black Aniline, Teacore and Navy.

19. Spiney

Spiney Familiar Face

Go on his site and try to choose a different colour.

20. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

That's probably what he has left on his current stock, he should be ordering more browns soon.