Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fieldmaster shoes

yeg man

New in Town
im hoping im posting this in the right place. the wife an I were at the thrift store an I picked up some stacy adams wing tips in nice shape, an a pair of like new fieldmaster made in Italy dress shoes..these seem to be well made leather lined, rubber type sole..
so does anybody know anything about fieldmaster shoes?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Wow, very interesting. Peeking for any references to that brand name, produces items (non vintage) that are either a boot or a deck shoe! However as we all know some shoemakers changed making shoes (as being actually made in the USA or lets say England, Italy,) to dropping their semi dress and dress shoes and farming out "footwear" to such as being made in China or some other lesser quality standard and design.

Sears shoes are a very classic example of this as is Florsheim shoe line. Sears sold seriously good quality mens wingtips and classic oxfords for many years. Then at some point in time had their shoes made in Korea. For perhaps a year or so the shoes were at least of some quality standards, but soon that changed to the shoes being a lot more "junky". If Sears sells a mens shoe today, the word, "China" leaps out at me. Cheaper leather and sweatshop quality.

Your shoes sound fairly nice, and of a desired style. Without pictures the fellows that are super smart about odd vintage shoes, can only guess. Not even sure fieldmaster shoes would be odd, more like, rare!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21