Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Monitor, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Kubatu

Kubatu A-List Customer

Yeah, forgot to mention the size. Your collars and @Jin431's on his Cal look great. They're huge, and the shearling looks pretty dense anyway.

Chevalier and JMax like this.
  2. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Ooooh super cool but alas the pit to pit is 18" only. I need atleast 19.5-20.5 for it to fit well enough! Thank you, I'll keep an eye out on your posts! Love the padded Cal that was shared the other day btw.

Much appreciated, thank you kindly! I'll bring it to JL soon.
    Really love the jacket! I'm all for Cal's now too lol now I GET it

JMax and dannyk like this.
  3. J Leather Investigater

J Leather Investigater One Too Many

Beautiful

Jin431 and JMax like this.
  4. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

5. Zoo

Zoo Familiar Face

Sorry, I forgot to quote the reply with the white cafe racer above.
    Something I never really thought about this before seeing this jacket. Do motorcycle windscreens do a good job of keeping bugs from hitting jackets?

Moontanning, Jin431 and JMax like this.
  6. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Yes, especially once the height of the shield is dialed in. Then most bugs won’t even hit your helmet. I don’t like windshields, and bug splatter is the only drawback to me. I have to clean everything after every ride.

Jin431, dannyk and Zoo like this.
  7. jonbuilder

jonbuilder My Mail is Forwarded Here

If you were wearing heavy leather and out riding in 90 degrees or higher it would become crystal clear.

TREEMAN, dannyk, JMax and 1 other person like this.
  8. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Abundantly. Vanson's perforated comp. weight provides awesome ventilation when the bike is moving. It really works. I used to own a perforated Schott that was not at all effective. Little pinholes were useless. And the perf CW looks amazing with wear. And it still is CW thick. If you ride in the heat it is a must have.

Jin431 and dannyk like this.
  9. jonbuilder

jonbuilder My Mail is Forwarded Here

JMax likes this.
  10. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Oh yeah, basically jumped the river on a rocket. It really does look like an outfit he would wear before courting death.

jonbuilder and Schambach like this.
  11. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

I'm guessing the quality on these is better than the usual Harley Davidson of more recent days. I know the Real McCoys in this model was New Zealand based, but I got to imagine there was some sense of quality for it to evolve to what it is today. The prices on these vary from $400-1500. But still significantly cheaper than a more recent Real McCoys. And a lot of them are horsehide. I was tracking a Sportster repro that looked really nice, think I posted here too.

12. Kubatu

Kubatu A-List Customer

dannyk and Jin431 like this.
  13. Blackadder

Blackadder My Mail is Forwarded Here

It is not going to go up much because that is not RM. It is just a HD licensed Japan market product that is made in Korea or China.

jonbuilder and Kubatu like this.
  14. Kubatu

Kubatu A-List Customer

Good to know, my bad for giving wrong info then. Are the RM / HD jackets explicitly labeled as such?

15. Blackadder

Yes. There is usually a "Reproduced by The Real McCoy's" tag under the Genuine HH tag.
    s-l1600.jpg

Kubatu, jonbuilder and dannyk like this.
  16. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

I thought these particular collabs were done with HD and Real McCoy when RMC was based in New Zealand. They still may have been built in China or where ever though. But I thought the quality level was still quite high. Maybe not current RMC made in Japan levels, but certainly above a "standard" HD jacket (not talking about the older models like Sportster, etc. which we know are great).

17. Blackadder

Oh I am not talking about the RM x HD. They are indeed made in Japan or NZ. The one posted by Kubatu is not RM x HD but the one posted by JMax is.

18. Metatron

Metatron One Too Many

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021