Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Just received an offer of $300 from the seller

Mine. I saw this sale a couple days ago, I was waiting for it to be posted, thinking it would be eaten up. The Roughwear Clothing name is legendary. I have one Roughwear labeled jacket and an unlabeled suspect. I've only see a few others for sale, 3-4 maybe. I don't recall seeing this style, very East Coast. The highest quality Horsehide of the day. I can feel and smell this one. I thinking I can get this one on and zipped, nice even if I can't.

Coriu

One Too Many
Mine. I saw this sale a couple days ago, I was waiting for it to be posted, thinking it would be eaten up. The Roughwear Clothing name is legendary. I have one Roughwear labeled jacket and an unlabeled suspect. I've only see a few others for sale, 3-4 maybe. I don't recall seeing this style, very East Coast. The highest quality Horsehide of the day. I can feel and smell this one. I thinking I can get this one on and zipped, nice even if I can't.
General Douglas McArthur believed to be wearing an A-2 made by Roughwear.
1652586897904.png

Coriu

One Too Many
I am SO happy you got it. It looks to be in great condition and if indeed it is, this is an incredible find. I was shocked when the seller sent me the offer for $300. I hope that is what you got it for. If I am not mistaken, this one is a bit larger than the one you posted years back. This one is roomy through the shoulders. To get a motorcycle jacket by this iconic company is just mindblowing. I wonder how many are around?

I found this write-up on the company.

On a side note, I find it interesting that a number of famous leather companies were started by Jewish immigrants, ie Schott, Grais, Roughwear, etc. We owe a lot to the skills many Europeans and Russians brought with them to the US.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good pick Terry

Wildhorses

A-List Customer

Wildhorses

A-List Customer

Will Zach

Call Me a Cab

Craig from Craigslist

Familiar Face
I can't speak much to how current LVC compares to their output when working with Aero since I've never owned any LVC/Aero but they always have some unique colors and styles going for them. I do have a blue goatskin bomber of theirs from SS 2019 that I really like but it's admittedly way thinner than a Sheeley Monarch in Goatskin I also own. Maybe that's an apples and oranges comparison but anyway, here's a purple suede type 3 that might be more of a find than a deal:

1652640006648.png

Damon141

Practically Family

Attachments

• 9D81050B-5DDD-4820-B6B0-14522BB42D43.png
    9D81050B-5DDD-4820-B6B0-14522BB42D43.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 17

Guppy

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Jiaward

New in Town

Forum statistics