Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fireman Quick Release and Double Prong Garrison Belt

Damon141

Practically Family
I just wanted to post these because they are really good quality for the price. Keep in mind that just a simple Garrison belt goes for $200 if it comes in a Real McCoy box, you make beautiful jackets RMC but I will stay far away from the rest of their outrageous priced items.

I talked with this guy after almost buying another cheaply made quick release on Etsy which uses hardware/buckles from AliExpress that are less than $10.
This guy uses leather from Horween and uses only hardware from Chicago, England and Japan. I asked if he planned on using bridle but naturally being in Chicago he like to just go directly to horween, I can’t blame him.
A4AF4FEE-B6DC-474C-82C0-E404999CAB12.jpeg
E6720EDA-01B4-4BD8-8D2A-8AD9273B0AD5.jpeg
0FD3585B-25A8-43F7-9312-3ABFE0409CB4.jpeg
B11271CF-632F-4B69-B9EE-F499817BAE7E.png

I have wanted both styles of belts for a while but I wasn’t ready to drop the money on the ones I’ve been looking at on instagram (pigeon tree for the quick release and then k&h leather for a standard garrison belt). They are beautiful if you have the extra money, they are around $200, main difference I see is they use bridle leather versus Horween and some have stitching versus brass screws on the fold.

LibertyValance

New in Town
This guy uses leather from Horween and uses only hardware from Chicago, England and Japan. I asked if he planned on using bridle but naturally being in Chicago he like to just go directly to horween, I can’t blame him.
@Damon141
I make belts for friends and family as a hobby using amongst others solid brass fireman's quick release buckles from Abbey England usually on English Bridle Butt or J&FJ Baker Oak Bark Tanned Bridle Butt . I use various methods of attatchment , stitching, Chicago screws , Saddlers rivets or just plain old solid brass rivets . If price is preventing you from pulling the trigger on a bridle leather belt I don't mind helping out a fellow lounger with prices I ask of friends . I don't know where you are in the world ( US ? ) so maybe shipping costs will be prohibitive . Either way DM me if you want me to make you one .
P.S I hope I'm not breaking any sort of forum advertising rules , if so I ask for this post to be removed immediately . I just want to give back to people on this forum if I can- as you all have been a massive resource for me in an area I'm not well versed in - quality leather jackets ( my new unintended obsession )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points