Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fireman's helmet Value

Eyemo

Practically Family
I'm thinking of selling my vintage fireman's helmet to raise some funds for our Museum....does anyone have an idea of it's value?

Thanks...Seimon

001.jpg

002.jpg

Old Rogue

Practically Family
Do you have any idea exactly how old it is? Like any other collectible if you have some sort of documentation showing that it was associated with a historically significant person or event the value would increase. It appears to be in good condition, so that's a plus. I don't feel competent to estimate the value, but several years ago one of the guys in my volunteer fire company here in North Carolina bought a newly made vintage style leather helmet that looked very similar to yours. If I remember correctly, he paid about $250 for it. I would think that a genuine vintage helmet would be worth more than than to the right collector. Good luck, hope you find a buyer and get a good price! What sort of museum are you raising money for? Is it a fireman's museum by chance? We have a pretty good one here that documents the history of the local fire service in our town. Here's the link:

www.newbernfiremuseum.com

Last edited:

thecardigankid

One of the Regulars
What you have is a Cairns Sam Houston which is a helmet that has been in production for several decades now. Brand new this helmet sells for around 600 dollars. It appears to be in very good condition (can't see any cracks in it) what's the liner look like?

On ebay a used helmet like this could bring between 150 and 400 dollars it all depends on who all is bidding on the item.

This is the helmet I currently use at my department and I'd like to replace it soon as mine is getting a bit burnt up.

Does it have any label stickers on the inside? And also what is the size (the leather helmets are made in sizes Small, Medium, Large, and X-Large) leather fire helmets are made in specific size ranges where as composite helmets are made with an adjustable liner.

If this helmets liner is in good shape and it has no cracks then it is still a serviceable helmet.

If you can find out a size for me I might make you an offer on it.

I

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112