Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FIRST Mfg Co Motorcycle Jackets and Vests

Sonero

Practically Family
I recently purchased a jacket at San Diego Leather and ran across this brand of motorcycle wear First MFG Co.

They work with a 20 ounce canvas and 1.4mm cowhide leather. Really nice quality for a fair price.

The clothes are made in Asia but the company is based in New York City.

I wound up buying 4 vests and 3 jackets. All fairly priced.....and incredibly crafted. The multi pocket garments are a guys dream. I hate carrying bags but never have enough pockets. The look is edgy so not for everyone but....if it works you will love this stuff.

I am surprised there was no mention of them on this website. I have always been enriched by recommendations from the lounge. Now it is my turn.

Too bad I cannot save photos from their website. If there is enough interest I will take photos of my items tomorrow.

Happy Browsing :

www.firstmfg.com

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
They're not bad at all, but not really vintage/classic style. They do modern, functional motorcycle leather. I would put them a notch or two below Vanson and Langlitz for style and quality, but for functionality as a true motorcycle riding jacket, they're quite good and an excellent value for the money, for a mass-produced, off-the-rack product.

Sonero

Practically Family

These are a few of the items I purchased.

They do great videos.

The denim vest I have in blue not black.

I use the vests with rolled up dress shirts or polo shirts buttoned up to the neck and italian style black wayfarer sunglasses. The vests have a super cool YKK Zipper that slants to an angle which gives the vest a Soho Boutique like look. I seriously think some of these items could pass as high fashion if worked the right way...just IMHO.

The first item a RAIDER jacket was purchased for $249. The quality is as good as a Schott IMHO. Maybe the leather isn't horsehide but I will take a heavy cowhide any day. Removable liner. It fits like it was custom made for me.

Last edited:

Sonero

Practically Family
$100 bucks for the canvas work jacket that is 20oz and quilted!?!?! SOLD!!!
Sir you need to look at the MERCER shirt. GREAT substitute for a denim jacket. It was a no brainer for me. Unfortunately there is no video for it. I will post photos later on today.

breezer

Practically Family
AND they are immune from your signature..

nice one! I did actually laugh out loud.....

True but don't focus on the ugly items. Look at the bright side of things amigo

Wise advice....and I am not normally one to dwell on the negatives.....but this brand is not FL material.......and the bike stuff doesn't even allow for armour....unless I missed something.

Sonero

Practically Family
My Mercer Shirt in 20 oz canvas. Weighs close to 6 or 7 pounds.

thumbnail_20190404_101611.jpg
thumbnail_20190404_101622.jpg
thumbnail_20190404_101655.jpg
thumbnail_20190404_101704.jpg
thumbnail_20190404_101718.jpg

Satin Liner.

Sonero

Practically Family
but this brand is not FL material.......and the bike stuff doesn't even allow for armour....unless I missed something.

I think you are missing the point. FASHION is thinking outside the box. Here you have a motorcycle company ( YES pads fit into a lot of these jackets) producing fairly priced garments that "some" can work into daily fashion garments. If you can see the potential and actually make it work for you this company has some really great pieces....not all but some.

I don't understand the " Not FL material ". It looks good and the materials are solid....why wouldn't it be FL material ?

breezer

Practically Family
I don't understand the " Not FL material

because its not vintage design or artisanal manufacture.........these are the 2 things we mostly concern ourselves with here...its just a generic modern clothing brand. But hey, just chucking in my 2 cents, or 5 pence worth.....don't take my comments too seriously.

Sonero

Practically Family
Find these on eBay right now from $85 to $175. They look stout. How does it fit?

Runs just a tad large. I am 5' 11' 176 lbs 17 inch neck 25/26" sleeve length 34 waist. The medium works with just a T shirt but form fitting ( not good for big stomachs). I also purchased a large for layering in cooler weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana