Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

first post - hello and thank you

fukigen

Familiar Face
Hello,

the name's Christophe (Chris if you prefer) and I am new fellow to the fedoralounge.
as english is not my mother language, please forgive the language mistake I can eventually make...

One of my big passion is airplanes (all periods), and so goes my interest in flight jackets (and eventually B&L Ray-Ban sunglasses and airplane photography as a total amateur).

I got a kind of G-1 replica when I was teenager, and then I bought a Schott 184sml 10 years ago (mainly for motorbiking) which I like a lot and still wear in winter (a bit baggy but I can wear a sweatshirt under...).

Recently I was interested to get a "real milspec" flight jacket A-2, so I browsed the different makers sites (Schott (no milspec but I like their jackets), cockpit USA, US wings, GW, etc...) and eventually found out thefedoralounge forums...

I have learn a lot of things about A-2, G-1 on this forum and found many helpful informations about leather jackets and A-2 jackets.

At first I decided to go for a GoodWear, but with the price increase, I finally went for Bill Kelso and got my first A-2 repro :cool: (RoughWear 27752).
I will post pictures of the BK RW later this weekend.

I would like to say a big thank you to everybody in this forum for their answers and advices to the different members question (this is the reason why I finally decided to join theFL), as it helped me a lot.

Christophe

aviator_a2.jpg

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
There are a ton of great folks on this site, this forum in particular. BUT there's a couple of fellows on here you have to watch out for... Hoosier Daddy and Butte will have you pulling out your fillings and selling your blood to get ONE MORE JACKET! Don't say you were not warned! LOL! Just kidding welcome, you've come to the right place. You'll get a great education, like I have, and make some new friends. Welcome aboard.

Worf

fukigen

Familiar Face
thank you Worf,

Hoosier Daddy and Butte will have you pulling out your fillings and selling your blood to get ONE MORE JACKET! Don't say you were not warned!

unfortunately I think I already get the virus without any help :D
but I have to manage with the lady at home... I already have more jackets than her! (some cwu-45-like and others...)

Now I need to find out how I can deal to get a BK m422 (especially after reading the post from Andrew) and eventually a "raider" without getting trouble with my wife!

In the new A-2 style, I am looking for a Schott milspec A-2 (I like the brand and their jackets) but couldn't get hands on it so far. The A-2 quest is quite difficult in Switzerland where I live. (there was a size 44 on ebay this week, but unfortunately the seller didn't want to ship outside USA, so I have to look further)

Last edited:
Welcome, fukigen! And don't let Worf convince you we're all bad - look at him - he's lookin' like a million bucks in his new gear and smaller jacket size! I blame the likes of Windward, JanSolo, and others for getting me off watches and mainlining jackets and other gear. There's a ton of good eggs here that know a lot and I really enjoy this place. And not to worry, your English is probably better than mine :eeek:

fukigen

Familiar Face
thank you for the warm welcome.

I will do pics this evening, as now it is too warm to wear a leather jacket! (32°C/ 90°F)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the Lounge, Chris. It's nice to see more members from Central Europe pop up here and there. We have members in Denmark, Germany, Prague, and now Switzerland.
I'm an eighth Swiss. One of my pairs of great grandparents were from there. Their name was Grolomund (not sure on the spelling). He was a pastry chef. Wish I had some of his skills. Show us some pics of your world! Is there a more beautiful country in the world than tiny Switzerland? I doubt it. You can never get tired of looking at Alps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW