Fit pic help

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Sockeye, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Sockeye

Sockeye One of the Regulars

Hello folks, I posted this in my leather trucker thread, but I’m looking for some feedback. I pulled the trigger on a Vance and maverick, I chose a size down but now I’m wondering if it’s a little too snug appearing. I can button it with a T-shirt, just barely though. Thinking about going to size up but I’m worried the shoulders might be too big. Can I get some feedback?
    upload_2021-12-2_9-2-28.jpeg
    upload_2021-12-2_9-7-6.jpeg

Canuck Panda, Tom71 and Jin431 like this.
  2. Boyo

Boyo Call Me a Cab

Looks great in the pic's, but personally id like a little more room try the size up while you can still return it.

3. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

Perfect as it is.
    I would keep it like this.
    It also doesn't look like it stretches across the chest.

seres, Jin431 and Monitor like this.
  4. BloodEagle

BloodEagle One of the Regulars

Thats how a trucker should fit, looks great

Monitor likes this.
  5. Jasonindenver

Jasonindenver Familiar Face

I would personally try the next size up for a little more body and sleeve length.

6. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

It doesn’t look too snug at all, it looks perfect. How does it feel though, is it comfortable? I’ve been in this position a few times and I have opted to exchange the jacket because I like a little bit more room rather than a perfect photo fit.

7. Monitor

Monitor

Doesn't even look like it's a slim fitting jacket, let alone one that's too snug. Perfect regular fit, if you ask me and if I may add, this is pretty much a standard how a trucker jacket ought to fit anyone.
    Sleeves are borderline too long as it is, body is perfect so I honestly don't think a larger jacket wouldn't do you any good.

Sockeye, Carlos840 and Jin431 like this.
  8. Mr.P

Mr.P Familiar Face

I would size up. In my experience when it comes down to comfort and looks I always lean towards comfort. I’ve had to let go of jackets in the past that look amazing in a photo but just weren’t practical to wear. If your lucky, looks and comfort line up. That’s what we are all searching for I guess.

Sockeye likes this.
  9. Mr.P

Mr.P Familiar Face

Change of thought. As long as it’s not uncomfortable and pulling up under the arm pits I would keep it. It should start to stretch a little and soften up as you wear it. So as long as it’s not unbearable, keep it.

Sockeye likes this.
  10. Monitor

Monitor

In my experience, if a slightly snug jacket feels uncomfortable, sizing up will remedy the issue only marginally. Good pattern shouldn't feel restrictive even if you size down. Snug, tight; Sure, but not uncomfortable. I wear a size M and I had jackets that felt downright restrictive in XXL.

jglf and Sockeye like this.
  11. Mr.P

Mr.P Familiar Face

Agreed, snug and a little tight is fine so long as not uncomfortable, if the seems from the arm hole are squeezing into your pits it’s a definite no go.

Sockeye and Monitor like this.
  12. Monitor

Monitor

Yep, or being able to reach forward without feeling like the back seams will split or raising your arms; Stuff like that. 1" of added material can't make much difference

Sockeye likes this.
  13. Sockeye

It feels very comfortable, except snapping it up. 2 inches off my middle section would make it perfect fit!

El Marro likes this.
  14. Mrfrown

Mrfrown One Too Many

Looks good from here

Also, have you considered leaving the bottom 1 or 2 buttons undone? It can help and still generally looks good I think

Sockeye likes this.
  15. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

Get crunching then!
    It looks good, i would keep it as is.
    Also, personally i tend to wear truckers open, IMO they are a nice weather jacket, not a winter one.
    If it's windy and rainy i won't wear a trucker, so i would rather it fit well open than closed.

jglf, Sockeye, MrProper and 1 other person like this.
  16. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

Well, you see there are no right answers. Fit is personal. For me I need to be able to sit and drive a car and reach stuff off a shelf. If i can’t do that then all the pretty pictures ain’t worth much.

El Marro and Sockeye like this.
  17. ton312

ton312

Next size up will be too big and the shoulder seams will be hanging a good 1" off where they should land. Beautiful jacket btw and I think it fits just like a type III ought to.

Sockeye likes this.
  18. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda Practically Family

Looks good. A larger size could work for wearing more than just a tee shirt underneath.

The brown leather looks really good. Looks like brown comp weight type leather. Was this custom order?

Sockeye likes this.
  19. Sockeye

It is the Vancouver in Dark Maple off TBs featured stock. The leather is Amazing, I have had most of their offerings except bainbridge and baladassi, it may be my favorite. Remarkably supple.

20. Sockeye

Did 30”
    sage advice, thanks!