Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FIT PICS: Lost Worlds Suburban 42L grainy 4.5 oz FQHH

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

deswaaf

One of the Regulars
It does look great. Congrats!

How tall are you?...Does not look like a long size on you, even though the Suburban is supposed to fit long to begin with.
Thanks man, I'm 1.90m (6'2). The measurements from the ad said this jacket is 25.5'' in back length with 26'' sleeves, the same as a levi's denim jacket that fit's me but barely has enough length. I was afraid this suburban would end up falling a bit shorter because of the thicker material, but it seems the opposite is true, the fit feels comfortable.

deswaaf

One of the Regulars
LW is using a whole different looking 4+ Horsehide. My 4+ Test with 7 years of wear does not look like this. I've noticed this in other LW jacket post. My Test looks very different, no grain.

I don't always wear shoes in my pics!
I've seen that Test jacket on your youtube, watching your video's is a moment of relaxation for me and such a great source of information and awesome jackets. I love watching people do or talk about what they love. Cheers for taking the time and putting in all of the effort!

Is the jacket showing the wear you've put in over these years in a different way? Has the leather softened up or broken in much? And how does this Test compare to your Suburban, which I think is cut from a lighter leather, right?

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ It deserves it! You did such a great job capturing it in your photos.

Now this settles it - Stu reviews these forums. Unless of course you sent him the photos directly

Great grain popping in that example!

deswaaf

One of the Regulars
^^ It deserves it! You did such a great job capturing it in your photos.

Now this settles it - Stu reviews these forums. Unless of course you sent him the photos directly

Great grain popping in that example!
Thanks guys :) p.s. I sent Stuart a thank you for his masterclass of craftsmanship that is this suburban. And added that photo,

deswaaf

One of the Regulars
Arm creasing setting in nicely from the Cuff to the shoulder :)
IMG_20201116_142005.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112