Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star fit problems

Xopher

A-List Customer
I’ve had two Waldo pepper style jacket s by five star. Both of them had the same issue, in that the shoulders felt too boxy and had almost no range of motion for my arms.

Almost like the pattern was cut similar to a suit jacket with the arms down by your sides as opposed to my A-2 by SM Wholesale the arms seemed to have complete freedom of movement. Like they were sewn in with more of at “T” shape angle.

Has anyone else experienced this with five stars fit? Or is it different between other models?

Thanks all

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ve had two Waldo pepper style jacket s by five star. Both of them had the same issue, in that the shoulders felt too boxy and had almost no range of motion for my arms.

Almost like the pattern was cut similar to a suit jacket with the arms down by your sides as opposed to my A-2 by SM Wholesale the arms seemed to have complete freedom of movement. Like they were sewn in with more of at “T” shape angle.

Has anyone else experienced this with five stars fit? Or is it different between other models?

Thanks all
Of the A-2s, you should only take the ones that 5* has an original of and copy it. Otherwise, order round shoulders, as they seem to be common in A-2.
Especially the models at 5* initial time are often too boxy.
If the angle between the shoulder and the sleeve is too steep, then it becomes boxy.
BE58AA00-D29D-4205-A1F1-43E443A69748.jpeg

Kevin the Devon

New in Town
The russet brown is a Waldo Pepper the seal brown is an Amelia Earhart. The AE definitely fits better.

Attachments

• IMG_20220909_211310.jpg
    IMG_20220909_211310.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 73
I believe the issue lies in both the shoulder slope and the sleeve construction. The sleeves lack any cuvature or 3 demensionality. Tey are sewn on somewhat like pant legs attached to a vest. This limits mobility and creates strange creasing. I've noticed this most particularly with two panel sleeves. The three panel sleeves I've had moved better (and looked better).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto