Five Star Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Hobbes1

Hobbes1 One of the Regulars

Hi. The leather has some more grain and creases than when i first got it. However, as it is a snug fit, I'm not sure i will keep it. I'm just not wearing it much as i just love to wear my 5* CR which is a little looser fit that allows me more freedom to move and layer. I may sell this one and commission an identical jacket with slightly larger measurements. I love the design and the look.

Riu and Jin431 like this.
  2. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Zipper....aesthetic looks off with buttons

Riu and Jin431 like this.
  3. Riu

Riu Practically Family

That makes sense, thank you.

I mostly wear my jackets open or have them fully zipped. With zipper, it also gives the jacket a more edgy feeling so I'll go with the zipper.

That was my feeling too, especially with those hand warmers that enhance the asymmetry even more. Now I just need to get the right leather for it as I don't think I'll have it done with the current selection they've got.

4. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Good luck with this project Riu

Jin431 and Riu like this.
  5. Riu

Riu Practically Family

Thank you, I'll take my time with this one as I don't want to rush it just to have it done. I'd really want this one to have a nice leather, thinking of hh. Might buy it and get it shipped to Shawn if there will be no other options.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    bn1966, Jin431 and navetsea like this.
  6. Riu

Riu Practically Family

Thank you, looks great to me but I get it if you prefer a looser fit. I'll have to see how the leather will be in time. I saw the CR is goat. How's the leather comparing to the steer?

7. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

When I click on one of the pictures, the following message appears:
    The Fedora Lounge - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

8. Riu

Riu Practically Family

I think they might have some server issues or something as the whole website was down

Jin431 and MrProper like this.
  9. MoFo

MoFo Familiar Face

So, I have found the time and the place to shoot a few fotos :)...
    Here are the fit pics:cool:: 20210227_151840.jpg 20210227_151924.jpg 20210227_152012.jpg 20210227_151936.jpg 20210227_152038.jpg 20210227_152054.jpg 20210227_152122.jpg 20210227_222158.jpg

BobJ, Hobbes1, navetsea and 11 others like this.
  10. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

So clean! I should copy that design hahaha I think they both look great but my money is on the zipper closure. Can you try to make a snap button closure render?

Riu likes this.
  11. Riu

Riu Practically Family

I'm with the zipper closure too. Be my guest in trying the design by the way(looks like a great fit for you) - I like the fact that the only zipper is the front and the rest is very minimal. especially now seeing it on a model looks much better in my opinion. I'll try to make it closed later.

Jin431 likes this.
  12. PilotJens

PilotJens One of the Regulars

I hope this very sophisticated drawing is enough for my sleeves on my 1950s All weather Halfbelt . haha
    I wanted to go full custom but xxxs were exactly my measurements but I felt the urge to ask Shawn about the arm hole size and I was shocked with a picture of ton321 jackets 11inches .He asked me if I needed standard size so I measured 3 jackets and took these measurements.I hope I don't need a revision. I asked for his heavyweight black no faux aging dyed through goat leather,olive stitching and olive green cotton twill lining .

Attached Files:

navetsea and Riu like this.
  13. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

MoFo and Jin431 like this.
  14. Riu

Riu Practically Family

MoFo and Jin431 like this.
  15. Riu

Riu Practically Family

As long as Shawn understands exactly what you want should be fine.

16. The belt loop chain or cord attached billfold seems to have become quite the fashion on the FL lately....

MoFo, navetsea, Jin431 and 1 other person like this.
  17. ton312

ton312

Chain wallet is a must. I had a chick try to lift my wallet at Wrigley a few years back...were it not for the chain she would’ve made off with it. She immediately realized the error of her ways when I screamed she grabbed my junk and pointed at her running away. Sometimes I conceal the chain. Sometimes I don’t. ;)

El Marro, bn1966, Carlos840 and 4 others like this.
  18. Wow...pickpockets must be most everywhere these days LOL..!!
    So far I've been safe without a chain hanger...:D

19. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

Chain wallets look super nice aesthetically and the added security is a plus, but I find them extremely cumbersome and annoying to carry around on a practical level, plus sitting on them is uncomfortable as hell.
    You can potentially get a sprained butt muscle if you’ve got a desk job and sit on it all day long. :D

Monitor, MoFo and navetsea like this.
  20. In all these years I've never had anyone reach down in my back pocket trying to grab my unseen wallet. I don't carry a long oversized billfold, though. BTW...that seems to be the fad now too. Guess if your going to have it sticking out and showing, you need to have it attached...:p