Five Star Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead, Sep 23, 2020.

1. TheDonEffect

TheDonEffect A-List Customer

In my experience, he's always been reasonably responsive, generally when I send emails for more complex matters like going back and forth on the specs of a jacket, I keep the email as succinct as possible and list out my questions, makes it easier on the other end to just simply respond to the questions, yes no maybe can cant $2 etc. I also try to bunch my questions, so instead of sending one question at a time, I try to think about everything I need and send them all at once.

2. MoFo

MoFo Familiar Face

My new Five Star A-2 Werber Seal Premium Goat 20211015_074512.jpg 20211015_075154.jpg 20211015_075212.jpg 20211015_075234.jpg

Zoo, ton312, thor and 6 others like this.
  3. gateway pundit

gateway pundit New in Town

Thanks for the inspiring thread! I contacted 5 star about creating a jacket for me, since I've never found an off-the-rack jacket that fits. Did my best with the measurements, and converted to metric. I asked for a levis type 3 trucker (style that best fits me), and they state they have the original pattern. I am having it made is buffalo hide, with a dark brown poly diamond lining, and dark brown name tag. Hoping they pull this off well. I've never had a jacket made before, anything else I should ask for or keep in mind? Thanks.

25.jpeg 21.jpeg 23.jpeg 24.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021 at 5:43 PM
    Canuck Panda and Hobbes1 like this.
  4. Aloysius

Aloysius One of the Regulars

Mr Proper, a member on this server, has a great Five Star goatskin trucker.

Some notes: Their buttons are not particularly well suited to this, so many people have been asking for cut buttonholes, but no buttons, so they can have a local leather firm attach buttons.

What's your budget for this jacket? I ask because Aero produced Levi's Vintage Clothing's leather Type III, and Levi's gave them permission to keep producing the design. You can get it both from Aero directly or from Thurston Bros, their US dealer which may have some in stock.

Canuck Panda likes this.
  5. gateway pundit

Yes thank you. I've almost made it through 217 pages, and I did come across the one you're referring to that Mr Proper has. I also seen the same pic on the 5 star website.

I have read about the buttons, thanks for the tip ill ask them to skip these.

Budget is under 400, i was quoted 350.

I do see the Aero you're referring to. But honestly, it does not look anything like the levis one IMO. Collar is larger and double stitched on the aero, pockets and flaps way bigger on the aero, button holes are spaced differently, and the back is cut differently. Does not look levis design to me, which i much prefer. Hoping the 5 star jacket looks more levis than the aero.

Attached Files:

• 111.jpeg
      111.jpeg
      File size:
      30.8 KB
      Views:
    • 21.jpeg
      21.jpeg
      File size:
      288.1 KB
      Views:
    Canuck Panda likes this.
  6. Aloysius

The Aero is literally built on the Levi's archive patterns in partnership with Levi's…

Like it or not to say it doesn't look like the Levi's design is ridiculous as a matter of fact.

In any case you should be able to get some good metal shank buttons to use.

Canuck Panda likes this.
  7. gateway pundit

so you're saying you don't see the differences i pointed out between the two jackets?

partnership or not, the aero jacket looks ridiculous.

8. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda Practically Family

Shawn's trucker is gonna have more modern cut than Aeros.

Aero's cut is gonna be as close to the first type 3 as possible back in the late 50s/early 60s? Not sure the exact date, but very long ago.

Good thing with Shawn is that you can customize measurements. So vintage look with modern fit. Please don't judge me for this. People were sized differently 80 years ago.

And my theory with the funny response is because of google translate. This happens a lot with a lot of places. But it's also nice we don't all speak just one language. Makes the world more interesting.

Cornelius, ton312 and gateway pundit like this.
  9. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

I had 5* make me a deerskin Trucker, measurements from a cotton Levi type three jacket that fitted well.

F8D4A6F9-E589-4474-A53E-E6C6F2766004.jpeg

Canuck Panda and gateway pundit like this.
  10. gateway pundit

nice looking jacket!! Thats more like what im after.

11. Aloysius

Go back to your race baiting conspiracy site, dumbass.

(Before people decide to get offended at me, GP doxxed several of my friends.)

12. gateway pundit

I have two windows open so don't worry.

Yeah I don't doxx people. That's a tool of the left. Kind of like you.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021 at 10:02 PM
  13. Aloysius

Uh huh.

14. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Blimey

15. ojaw

ojaw Familiar Face

That escalated quickly.

bn1966 likes this.
  16. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

We don't discuss politics here, guys!

Hobbes1, bn1966 and Socalal like this.
  17. ton312

ton312

What in that actual Hell happened here? Let’s please not get this thread locked, it’s essentially launched 5 Stars business and it’s a valuable tool for members seeking a build from this company!

Cornelius, Marc mndt, ojaw and 6 others like this.