Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Florsheim Gaffney dress boot - Thoughts?

Feraud

Bartender
I'm considering these-
http://www.florsheim.com/shop/style/15030.html
15030-205.jpg

I am not crazy about the lug sole but could live with it if the quality is acceptable.

Does anyone own a pair and can comment on the quality?

Thanks!

philosophy101

A-List Customer
I've tried the Gaffney on, and the quality is okay but not great. Also, they're rather heavy. I ended up going for the Johnston and Murphy Hattington wingtip Boot. The quality of leather is much higher, IMHO. Very thick and pliable. Also has a lug sole, though the design is such that you don;t see the lugs from the side view. NB: the Hattington runs a half size large, so you may need to order a half size smaller than your usual. Here's a link: http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/product.aspx?c=624&sc=1215&sid=Shoes&fv=1&pid=90284

Good luck!

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not familar with that boot but if it has a leather midsole and a welted sole it can't be bad. If you want another option in a nice ankle boot, non wing tip,take a look at Allen Edmonds Cascade boot ,it has a vibram welted sole. I bought a couple pair "seconds " at discount both in brown and black and I love them.

Last edited:

philosophy101

A-List Customer
The Florsheim Duckie Brown's look amazing ... but following the link I noticed that they are more than 3 times the price ($475 vs. $140) of the Florsheim Gaffney about which Feraud originally enquired. Anybody have additional suggestions for nice brogue boots closer to the Gaffney's price point (let's say sub-$200)?

carldelo

One Too Many
^^^ A.C. Yes, the link pops up the chestnut colored boots which are full price at $140 as are the black and brown leather. It's the suede version in multiple colors that is on sale at $112. I happened to be looking at the blue suede, which made me think they were all on sale....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana