Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Floyd's of Manchester,NH hat

Rick Mordini

New in Town
Hi Has anyone heard of this hat company? Looking at one on EBay similar to a Stratoliner style ,gray ,2" brim finshed, and pinch front . Looks nice with wide ribbon and brim relatively flat.Dark sage green. Sorry if description not using correct lingo but new to collecting hats.Have several nice Stetson OP older,Wormser and Knox.Like the look of a approx. 2" brim for me slightly lifted or flat. This hat appeals to me but like to know a little hx behind my purchases.Also looking at Penny's Marathon hats which probably aren't all that high quality but again like the look.Anything on these hats?Thanks

Post this question in the "Ask a Question, Get an Answer" thread. More folks will likely see it.

Floyd's was probably a retailer.

Rick Mordini

New in Town
Post this question in the "Ask a Question, Get an Answer" thread. More folks will likely see it.

Floyd's was probably a retailer.
That's what I thought. Says custom hat inside on liner. Looks like from late 40's or 50's. No clue as to it quality. One more question: are Stephen Stetson hats desirable and good quality hats? Sorry I'm all over the place here but never been on s forum before and trying to figure out how this works.

No, Stephen L. Stetson hats are terrible, and should all be sent to me.... :rolleyes:

KID-ding!
Stephen L's are fine hats. I have one that is a favorite.

Rick Mordini

New in Town
That's what I thought. Says custom hat inside on liner. Looks like from late 40's or 50's. No clue as to it quality. One more question: are Stephen Stetson hats desirable and good quality hats? Sorry I'm all over the place here but never been on s forum before and trying to figure out how this works.
No, Stephen L. Stetson hats are terrible, and should all be sent to me.... :rolleyes:

KID-ding!
Stephen L's are fine hats. I have one that is a favorite.

Rick Mordini

New in Town
Thanks again! I'll go for it. So that custom from Floyds of Manchester, could it be still a decent hat if I've never seen another from that shop listed mentioned etc? Were their private hat makers back then that made fine hats but we're never known in a big way? Asking $75.

$75 might be fair, or not, depending on a lot of factors. Yes, I have seen some very high quality private label hats. Hard to tell on Ebay, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto