Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Foam bendy rollers

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I'm in the UK for the New Year and I found some foam bendy rollers at the store. They are hard to find in North America. So I am thinking of buying them to try them out but I have SO many curlers at home. How would they differ from sponge rollers? What have your experiences been with foam bendy rollers?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
How are the foam rollers you found different than these pillow rollers?

189440.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
thebadmamajama said:
oooooooh where can i buy these puppies?

which? The foam bendy rollers or the pillow rollers? Pillow rollers are available at Sally Beauty and many drug stores like Walgreen's and CVS.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
The ones I saw are foam noodles that have a wire inside them so they hold their shape when they are bent. These were just no name brands that I saw at Boots and Asda. The diameter is about 3/4". The WrapSnap rollers look interesting though and I might try to make my own.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I bought some a few years ago from the pound shop and haven't used them since simply because I found them incredibly difficult to sleep in. From what I can remember they gave my hair a really nice Veronica Lake style wave (I had long hair at the time). I might try experimenting with them again actually seeing as I'm much more used to sleeping with rollers now.

PS

A-List Customer
I have the pillow curlers from Conair that I picked up at Target. They are sooo small. My hair is getting quite long/thick and I would prefer a longer curler. I have to make a ton of super tiny curls. They are really pretty curls but I get the biggest hair imaginable...the width! Oh the width!

So the foam bendy curler is almost like an unheated hotstick right?

~*Red*~

Practically Family
PS said:

Exactly!:) and the ebst part is, you can get them in any size diameter you like! They carry them at Sally's Beauty Supply, but you can sometimes find a small diameter in the regular stores, like where you found your pillow rollers.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
PS said:
I have the pillow curlers from Conair that I picked up at Target. They are sooo small.

Are those the heated ones? Those are quite small. The Wrap Snap and Go ones have 2 sizes and the longer ones are almost 12" long.

PS

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
Are those the heated ones? Those are quite small. The Wrap Snap and Go ones have 2 sizes and the longer ones are almost 12" long.

No they aren't heated...I couldn't find a pic of the packaging but did find one of indivdual curler....
fa3a_1.JPG

I really like sleeping in curlers, I am almost too impatient to do my hair during the day. I like to wake up, remove, fluff and go...

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
PS said:
No they aren't heated...I couldn't find a pic of the packaging but did find one of indivdual curler....
fa3a_1.JPG

Wow, those ARE tiny! I'd try the longer ones. I promise that they're really, really long.

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
Hi everyone,
Long time no post. I just wanted to come out of lurker mode to jump in and tell everyone about a new hair-curling toy I got over the holiday break. They're called curlformers: http://www.curlformers.com/

You'll look absolutely ridiculous when you have them in your hair, but the outcome is a deep spiral curl, which can be combed into nice fingerwaves. If you can stand sleeping in them you won't have to do a wet set, but with these a wet set dries really quickly - much quicker than with curlers.

I had to dump over $30 into these to get enough to cover my whole head, but I think it was worth it. They're really the strangest thing I've ever put on my head but I'm happy I got them.

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
Rebecca D said:
Hi everyone,
Long time no post. I just wanted to come out of lurker mode to jump in and tell everyone about a new hair-curling toy I got over the holiday break. They're called curlformers: http://www.curlformers.com/

You'll look absolutely ridiculous when you have them in your hair, but the outcome is a deep spiral curl, which can be combed into nice fingerwaves. If you can stand sleeping in them you won't have to do a wet set, but with these a wet set dries really quickly - much quicker than with curlers.

I had to dump over $30 into these to get enough to cover my whole head, but I think it was worth it. They're really the strangest thing I've ever put on my head but I'm happy I got them.

the next time you do your hair and use these i would love to see a pic, it's hard to think that something like this that does nothing more than spiral curls could do a nice wave look and i would love to see that.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
PS said:

Yes, they are completely different from pillow curlers. They aren't covered with fabric and are quite hard to sleep in! My pillow curlers are slightly longer than the ones you posted but I wasn't aware that you could get them in different sizes. One thing I don't like about them though is that some of them are quite 'flat' already and the wire sometimes curls up and is hard to use. Perhaps I've used them too much!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Rebecca D said:
Hi everyone,

They do look incredibly bizarre! If you have a picture of the results I'd love to see. Are they very uncomfortable to sleep in? :eek:fftopic: Your sweater is adorable by the way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana