Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Follow the latest fasion.. and being vintage

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Few days ago, a colleague of mine shows up at work with Gracia-magazine. As I tumble up-and-down flashy pictures (some of them reminded me of Carmen Miranda at her best!) ... I realize:

1. STRIPES
..on your leggings (not that I tend to look like Beetlejuise), on your cropped shirt (OK, I don't even have a comment on a crop tee), on your hats, on your shoes...

ButtMar40p8-9.jpg

geekgirl

New in Town
This is a great way to look at fashion.

Look at the broader concept of the trend (stripes, particular colors or types of garment) but still follow it in a vintage way. It works to create a more "classic" look too. Because on one side you look on point, but aren't so into the trend that you neglect the styles that work for your age, figure and lifestyle. I *love* it. I'm going to start considering the current trends & how to use them with my already established vintage style.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Chole

Grant Fan

Practically Family
This is great ( thoug I have always hated wearing overalls, I blame being tall). I have been saying for the last year or so, (because people who have just met me think my vintage stuff is a trend thing for me), I get annoyed that people are suddenly so into vintage but it does make my life easier when it co es to finding modern reproductions. It is a catch 22 I think. But I will take advantage of it for now

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is great ( thoug I have always hated wearing overalls, I blame being tall). I have been saying for the last year or so, (because people who have just met me think my vintage stuff is a trend thing for me), I get annoyed that people are suddenly so into vintage but it does make my life easier when it co es to finding modern reproductions. It is a catch 22 I think. But I will take advantage of it for now
Yes, it's all about "going with the flow" - NO ONE can point their finger at me, saying I'm not fashionable.. 'cause I am! But, at the same time, I'm NOT givig up my own style (that took AGES to build) lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points