Footwear to go with our jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Blackadder

Blackadder Call Me a Cab

Which model do you have? Lot 268 or 444? There are vast improvements on the 444. I am so close to throwing away my early batch 268.

2. edmond

edmond Vendor

what i have are the newer ones from 2019 444's

pls see the photos

F5A8ED11-61D4-49E5-B192-3A3128CCE81C_1_105_c.jpeg
    that area hurts when i walk fast cause its hitting the start of my ( flesh) heel

Mysteryo and Jin431 like this.
  3. edmond

edmond Vendor

whilst my wescos have a tab of a space maybe like 2mm
    pls see the photo they say it cushions and adds tot the comfort ( spring) of the heel when you walk and put pressure on the heel ive read it on some cowboy boots too
    320852C6-7B56-4B4F-8F7B-E9C557D526FF_1_105_c.jpeg

Jin431 likes this.
  4. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

@Edward thanks, I'll post photos later after I try darkening the spot where the alcohol run off is

@dudewuttheheck these motor dress engineer boots in brown overdye horsebutt are so well built. I went half a size down from my brannock and it feels great, little heel slip but I read that's quite normal for these boots. I like them a lot, the leather used is so thick and quite rich and construction is outstanding. The shaft isn't so slim like the onderhouds, the instep is quite snug and it's hell to take them off but they feel like a proper pair of knockaround boots compared to the dressier onderhouds.

IMG_3502.jpg

IMG_3514.jpg

IMG_3515.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

5. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck My Mail is Forwarded Here

@Jin431 those look incredible! I am a huge fan of Motor and love my lace ups from them. I do really want a pair of these as well. Love the design. They definitely are designed more like a true engineer as well. It's one of the better engineer designs out there imo. I still think their boots are an absolute steal for the price.

Pandemic and Jin431 like this.
  6. MoFo

MoFo Familiar Face

They are very comfortable!

red devil likes this.
  7. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

Jarrow Marcher

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

What the hell is THAT please? Is that anyhow typical for riding boots or so? Or is that the first week trainee edition? o_O

Walking could at least not have been the purpose of these boots...

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  9. Jules Myers

Jules Myers One of the Regulars

Jin431 likes this.
  10. Woodtroll

Woodtroll Practically Family

It makes no sense to me why those heels would be made like that. They certainly are not made for walking, and even though engineers are not designed to walk long distances in, those look like they would be particularly uncomfortable.

Turnip likes this.
  11. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

Those are crazy gorgeous

Jin431 likes this.
  12. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

So rather kind of an equivalent to women‘s sitting shoes…

13. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Thanks man! I have liked the look of them from when I first saw them earlier this year and your recent engineer list just steered me more to go for it. I agree that it's quite a good deal, the leather alone is worth it and then you add the construction/design/last they use then it's definitely worth it. The dress engineer they make is not dressy at all and I quite like that it will not take rolls/creases right away, that I have to earn them by wearing them for some time.

Thank you, if this is how good they hand dye all of their leather goods then they must make mean looking jackets for sure

I've had it for 2 weeks or so. I got it from another regular member here @JCSD but I'm not aware how long he has had it before it went to me. It's quite comfy to wear although I can only wear thinner socks with it.

dudewuttheheck likes this.
  14. Woodtroll

Woodtroll Practically Family

I'm not familiar with those, but as I'm sure you already know, engineers were initially designed for standing, stationary work - very purpose-specific. Although I understand that they work pretty well for motorcycle riding, too. ;)

Either way, I can't imagine the heel that Edmond showed in his photo would be comfortable to stand in, either. I'm not sure if it is a flaw in design or execution, but hard to believe it's intentional.

15. dudewuttheheck

Yeah I've always liked how these look. As you said, they don't actually look dressy. They just look different than their first engineer design. I would also agree that the leather alone makes then worth it, but everything else makes them a steal. I hope they keep remaking them because I want to get a pair eventually.

Jin431 likes this.
  16. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Leather is so good here, i thought that my black Maryam horse butt Truman service boot/Onderhoud engineer was thick but the leather uses for the motor dress engineer makes those feel midweight. Looks like a yearly offering, I was told if I don't order for this years batch then the next restock will be next year

dudewuttheheck likes this.
  17. dudewuttheheck

Yeah I remember that from when I tried them on. I was super impressed. I guess I will have to wait until next year then!

Jin431 likes this.
  18. Psant25

Psant25 One Too Many

E6756290-BCED-4D72-866E-E87A13646B0A.jpeg CB2E4B14-F909-4DA3-89A7-2CCD2A23E0C0.jpeg 997085A7-3DDB-4D19-8B76-46ADA0CC759A.jpeg 9A7D78B7-F0A8-4E37-A176-4D1167BDA565.jpeg Got my whites rebuild back. 10 weeks. Mp w/ cap toe (too narrow) to mp-55 last. Replaced heel counter and backstay too. Just the uppers and tongue are original. Same soles w/ low block style mp heel. Need to take em to my heel guy (local cobbler). Wish they would take more time on the heels. Overall fit much better on the 55 last. Still might list them and lose my arse. Any takers 9.5D shoot me a DM. Brown cxl boots that are sturdy as hell.

19. Monitor

Monitor

MiuMiu's after a couple of weeks. Worth every cent.

[​IMG]

20. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

RW Blacksmith Copper (waxed and oiled nubuck)

IMG_3584.jpg

Alec Leamas, handymike, Angel and 8 others like this.