Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For BN1966! :D

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Today in Kingston with my Brother, we took a slight detour which turned into a nice photo Op.

Funny story in relation to the days events but not these photos in specific;

so I have these DARK green Army Coveralls I got at (take a guess where; Value Pillage) for Ten bucks..

They were size M M

JUST a *bit* short in the Sleeve and crotch region if I go down on my haunches, so I phones up the SAS surplus in Kingston...guy says maybe they could do a trade. When I get to the shop the owner Suspects me trying to Hock a pair of *hot* coveralls (meaning he suspects I was trying to unload Evidence used in some kind of Crime, the area is full of sketchy low-lifes and Drug Scum)

asks me where I got the coveralls, and Isnt too impressed to see them in his shop with a few grease stains and in worn shape...he presumes I got them from him in the first place..but I mistook the Trade in policy and of course he wasnt too impressed with me.

Gives me the gears for Trying to trade my used ones in, no problem I said, and picked out THE last oldschool type pair in the store (the new coveralls arent HALF as good as the vintage ones from the 70s-80s)..it seems good Army surplus is now being totally phased out from the shelves as the stock is nearing its depletion (good thing I stock up bigtime on Combat Gear when I had the chance) Now all you tend to find in Canadian Surplus stores is Mostly counterfeit Military gear and Faux Type of Army looking all made in china etc.

(not that anyone gives a damn of course that everything is a scam and all major Textiles are being exported imported even at the Low prices people STILL complain about mind you which come made cheap in china and people cant make a buck off Local made quality goods now otherwise.)

So then the shop owner throws me the *what are you going to do with these coveralls* as he sees me pick out a pair of black leather gloves too! :lol:

And I though *I* was too Hyper Vigilant!

- Oh, some work around the Garage and Chainsawing and yard work etc..LOL!!!

It dawned on me then what he thought I was *up to* with the coveralls and gloves :eusa_doh:

I mean, am I *really* that Sketchy, god knows those Army shop guys supply every dirty crooked sketch-bag in the whole of this region with deadly knives and weapons! dont look at me sideways people!!!

The shop owner guy KNOWS me and Ive been coming to that shop for years and bought hundreds of dollars worth of leather and nylon from them. Whatever, Im ashamed of people who are dumb Criminals, they bring everyone down to the level of Cock-roaches actually.

Obviously a lot of people that come into the store are a bunch of criminals. Nasty Business.

Jeez.

So anyway I got my coveralls for 34.99 on clearance from 79.99!

Happy to say I got two pairs of them now! Me and my Bro can work around the yard and be Landscaping Jerks now! :D

We were driving through town looking for the movie Theater, as we took a wrong turn, it actually turned out because the parking lot we chose to pull into and turn around in was part of the Kingston Military base Arena and leisure center and we came face to face with this poor old retired old tyme Vet Jet! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Seems like it turned out nicely as I was already looking the part of a Scruffy Leatherneck Squadron Jerk! hahah!

Heres a photo from this evening my bro took of me wearing my own homemade (1950s era) B-1 Squadron hat and my ALPHA industries N-2B nylon bomber Jacket! (NOS 14.99 from Value Village and marked at 134.99 in the SAS surplus store!!!) with my Levis 505s and NOS Champion mens work shirt from the 70s and OLDSCHOOL steel toed construction boots that are also NOS from the 70s (the soles came apart today and need repair but they are sick vintage!)

blame it on posting here among YOU fellas here for those boots and Jeans though, otherwise I guess Im looking *too* ready for combat. [huh]

Bought a bunch of cool stuff today! an 8-track player with no power cord and a really homemade *Kit* looking tape cassette deck!!! yeah buddy!)

And this is me in all my gosh darn dumpster Glory!

(frig-off eh!)

Rude Attitudes dudes, some Yuppie in a rich persons car Rudely came rushing through the parking lot from behind and around us blindly as my Brother was pulling out of his spot and The driver Abruptly honked his horn, I was foaming at the mouth and began cursing him and he basically Dropped a brick-load and gave me the *stonewall* pretend not to see me face as he went past us, pretty much dont mess with me, Im poor and Ugly and desperate...

Alll I wanted today was to enjoy after all the stress of working my Job, I Just wanted to have a great day!

and it was, truly!...if you are a simple soul like me.

Do not get in the way of that! ho-ho-ho!

122rf.jpg ervwq.jpg 24egetgw.jpg

Thank you for looking, Its wonderful to be here and share with you Fine people, thank you also for allowing me to be here and do my *dumpster* thing.

Happy spring days to you all.

-Cheers!

Last edited:

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
(Sorry no red hat yet)

This will hopefully Turn into *that* thread when I have the Right material, Today and tomorrow I am on the hunt.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
That's an hilarious story, Dumpster. I've lived in Ontario all my days and I find the place as boring, although that's better than exciting (like the reverse of the old Chinese curse). For what it's worth, the old Oshawa airport used to have a really good RCAF museum, plus there's a combat vehicle museum there too (tanks, trucks, etc.). Both are worth checking out, although I haven't been in years so I don't know if either are still in operation.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Gotta love good old Canadian Culture for ya! In the states these Jets and planes would be a national Treasure! Not in Ontario, they will let the place go to pot as well so they can buy it up cheap and re-build it without having to tear much down here for that matter as most places are tied into Write-off building scandals.

Everything will Just be an indistinguishable Suburbian Nightmare, With Concrete pads that stretch from coast to coast, you wont know where you are anymore because it will all be same same same same same...same Tim Hortons, same Boston pizza, same Strip mall and movie theatre with the same same same movies...no culture no nothing, no one looking or paying attention to it because they are nose deep in their Iphones while driving through the Jungle. And any word of mouth Information is rendered completely Worthless.

Need I mention the Avro Aero Scandal and then Harper wants to try to Buy up like Billions of dollars of American Fighters!!! Talk about Total Scandal as The Canadian Navy cant even Build one good Submarine out of 5 useless Ones! what are we going to be using these Jets for...someone want to start another WAR or something!!! come on then, lets do it right this time eh! push the button real good!

Take Toronto off the map for me while your at it, be doing the world a favour if you ask me, Everyone is always trying to bug me for change on every single street corner while the rich Bankers buy up all the land out in the boonies, driving around in their WAYYY too expensive prick-mobiles.

See now you got me going!!! Wasnt too hard at all was it!!! I am not even going to bother getting into the Redneck culture (more like Sub-culture) Just 20 minutes outside the city limits either, We all know them and their Respective Strengths and weaknesses.

Eh.

As for the Hockey game, now that is the important thing to aspire to here, regardless of our Wealthy heritage and rich history.

Dont get me started how much I loathe the way things have gone under in the last 30 years as the Government stopped taking care of people so much and began to Just help themselves to whatever as the middle class bottoms out and disappears.

oh well, hey look over there! The hockey game!!! Look!!!

ahh screw the Leafs, they SUCK!!!

hockey is for PLAYING, not watching! get out there and put your stick on the ice like Red Green says!

Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great story & great pictures DD...our surplus stores seem to cater for the paint ball crowd & army fantasists (T-shirts with Uzi pictures etc). Lots of the goods here seem to originate from China too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana