Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE - 1920's GORDON "BIG BILL" Cowboy 10 Gallon Hat SZ 7 3/8 - EBAY

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
https://www.ebay.com/itm/283100939189

Up for auction is a 1920's Gordon "Big Bill" western cowboy hat. This hat is the REAL DEAL. This is a true cowboy hat from Rapid City, South Dakota from the 1920's. There are a few slight moth nibbles and stains, but overall the felt is very nice. The minor age defects do not affect wearability, and add some "patina" to this great example of early Western Americana. The crown height on this hat is 7 1/2 inches tall and would be wonderful for that TOM MIX look or SASS competitions.The pictures may appear lighter in color due to the flash on my camera. I would say that the color of this hat is a beautiful tan/sand color. The sweatband definitely has some wear and cracking as the photos show. It can definitely be worn comfortably, but after 90+ years, the leather sweatband may need a replacement at some point if you intend to wear it often. This is truly a great hat. You will receive this hat in OPEN CROWN position and you can shape it any way you like.

The dimensions are as follows:

Brim Width w/curl: 4 inches wide

Brim Width w/o curl: 4 1/2 inches wide

Open Crown Height : 7 1/2 inches tall

Ribbon Width : 1 1/2 inches wide

Sweatband Circumference: 8 inches x 6 5/8 inches (23 inches in circumference) SIZE 7 3/8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana