Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE - 1940's Westbury Sportswear horsehide jacket - size 44

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
For sale - 40's-50's Westbury "All Season" Sportswear brown horsehide leather jacket - marked 44 - fits like a 44.

Chest pocket is an unmasked pull, and main zip is a Talon w/ original leather pull - both zips work flawlessly. Both hand warmer pocket interiors are in great condition. There may be some minor scuffs here 'n' there on the leather, however the horsehide is in EXCELLENT condition with very cool piping detail on the front body. Adjustable cinches above the waist. Check out the large, one piece leather back! Original labels are fully intact and in super nice condition.

*Very minor separation of liner at neckline, directly above the label - see pics. Besides that one location, the liner appears almost mint. The inner sleeve cuffs are a little frayed, see pics.*

Price is $400 (includes shipping) anywhere in CONUS. Payment via Paypal "friends & family" or add 3% for a Paypal invoice.

Measurements while zipped:

Pit to pit: 23"-24.5"
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 19.5"
Shoulder seam to sleeve cuff: 24.5"
Back of collar seam to bottom hem of jacket: 26"

IMG_20210719_185029.jpg
IMG_20210719_185112.jpg
IMG_20210719_185039.jpg
IMG_20210719_185048.jpg
IMG_20210719_185217.jpg
IMG_20210719_185252.jpg
IMG_20210719_185312.jpg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I was lucky enough to snag one of these in the last couple of years and this is only the second Westbury I have ever seen.

I don't know who made these but they are real nice and true vintage. Good weight and great style IMO with a cool mix of vintage design features. Very similar look to the Goodwear Arcadia with the full front piping but with a single left side chest Slash/Diagonal pocket in lieu of the Arcadia's double horizontals. The single piece back is beautiful and clean with side waist adjusters. I like half belts, but I really also like these jackets with the lower side adjusters. I feel like they accomplish much of the same thing while not having that more pronounced Center Cinched/Belted look that Half Belts can get when they are cinched. These Westbury jackets are well made and substantial. I wish we could uncover who made them......

This is NOT the obligatory, "If it were my size, I'd buy it....". This is a---Dude, if I didn't already OWN ONE, I'd buy this one!!

Great piece and cool to see another one has survived time!!!

GLWS man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112